Carlos Tevez City Till He Dies!

BillyShears said:
samharris said:
Hard to tell from that if hes going or staying come summer.

I suspect he's going to stay this summer even if he doesn't sign a new contract. Personally I think we should give him a short extension. Always said that a fully focused Tevez who is happy to play the squad game is nothing but a world class asset.

Yes agree totally Billy. If he is fully focused and committed, he is without doubt a top talent.
Just notice the impetus he's given the team in recent games.

petrusha said:
Apologies if I missed a discussion of this, but in Zabaleta's interview with David Conn in yesterday's Guardian (link here - http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/mar/01/pablo-zabaleta-manchester-city?INTCMP=SRCH), there's a discussion of the whole Tevez affair from last season. The emphasis below is mine, but the relevant part of the interview reads as follows:

[Zabaleta] was thrust into the diplomat role that infamous night at Bayern Munich in September 2011, sitting next to Carlos Tevez on the bench at 2-0 down when Tevez refused to warm up and Mancini, enraged after the game, said Tevez would never play for City again, sparking a long, poisonous stand-off. Zabaleta has known Tevez since they were youth international team-mates and is glad to be with him and their fellow Argentinian, Sergio Agüero, drinking the harsh-tasting mate tea of home, in the damp chill of Manchester. So it was awkward that he was a key witness in the club's inquiry into Tevez's conduct.

In Zabaleta's account there is clear sympathy for Tevez, a belief that Mancini aggravated the conflict by speaking out publicly straight after a hard defeat. Zabaleta's crucial evidence was that Tevez had indeed refused to warm up, saying he was already warmed up, but had not explicitly refused to go on the field. "When you lose a game everybody is upset," Zabaleta explains. "It is difficult for the manager because his team isn't playing well and sometimes after the game is not the right time to say something. It's better sometimes to calm down and talk about what happened. From something very small it grew so big." Of the club inquiry he recalls: "I just told the truth. I was next to Carlos and I gave my answer to the club, the truth."

Now, Tevez having taken his fines and suspensions, then finally returned to win the title and this season to carry himself as a beacon of good behaviour, Zabaleta can confidently praise his friend: "The positive thing is that Carlos came back again and the commitment for the club and team has been 100%. So that is well done by him."

I'm not saying that the above excuses the way Carlos handled himself subsequently. However, it does maybe suggest that the whole affair may have been less damaging and bitter had it been handled differently at the outset and to that extent the player might not have been quite as mutinous at the outset as was painted at the time.
I hadn't seen that but it's interesting. Makes exactly the same point some of us argued after the event: that mancini's outburst to the press was immensely damaging.

Looks like his fitness and physique have slipped a lot since around Christmas. His gut has returned, thus, hasn't been putting in his usual great effort when he's been on the pitch. That's why he's not played a lot recently.

Mancini's 'style' is very damaging. He treats and talks to players like dirt - the only manager to constantly attack individual players. It is fundamental in life to be treated with respect. Tevez had always been a great battler in the City shirt, until Mancini started messing with him. He'd played his heart out for us so many times so I've never understood why the fans so quickly accepted that Mancini was 'all good' and 'Tevez was all bad' Mancini is a very combative and destructive personality and I believe ultimately, not good for City. The amount of players he has now upset - who now just want to leave the club is very depressing. There he is in the papers again today - attacking players but never ever looking at himself. I just hope we have still got a credible football team by the time he goes. Whenever I see other managers supporting and praising there players, I just wish we had someone (anyone!) else in charge. A happy squad is a successful squad, all these players that are mentioned here that are suddenly 'not playing as good as they used to' have all got a common denominator - Mancini. I really hope Carlos stays longer with City but I don't believe this manager makes it a happy workplace and with the fans not fully forgiving him either, he seems to me 'just going through the motions. Very sad - a truly Magic player before Mancini.

wolfie1988 said:
Philbo said:
Hello Everybody!

I just want to say that Carlos Tevez performances this season have been brilliant. In my opinion we are a much better team with him in the side and we look more urgent to get the ball back when we don't have it and more likely to keep it when we have got it.

I know what he did last year was bad, and at the time I was peed off with him, but his commitment since coming back has reminded me that this guy is our best player. So I think it's time to get behind him again and start singing his name again, because there is so much negativity in the ground at the moment.

WE LOVE YOU CARLOS!!

Philbo

Phillip!!!

Philbo and Little Wolfie in a thread. aw

x

Jany said:
Mancini's 'style' is very damaging. He treats and talks to players like dirt - the only manager to constantly attack individual players. It is fundamental in life to be treated with respect. Tevez had always been a great battler in the City shirt, until Mancini started messing with him. He'd played his heart out for us so many times so I've never understood why the fans so quickly accepted that Mancini was 'all good' and 'Tevez was all bad' Mancini is a very combative and destructive personality and I believe ultimately, not good for City. The amount of players he has now upset - who now just want to leave the club is very depressing. There he is in the papers again today - attacking players but never ever looking at himself. I just hope we have still got a credible football team by the time he goes. Whenever I see other managers supporting and praising there players, I just wish we had someone (anyone!) else in charge. A happy squad is a successful squad, all these players that are mentioned here that are suddenly 'not playing as good as they used to' have all got a common denominator - Mancini. I really hope Carlos stays longer with City but I don't believe this manager makes it a happy workplace and with the fans not fully forgiving him either, he seems to me 'just going through the motions. Very sad - a truly Magic player before Mancini.

I guess you missed the times during the last few seasons where Mancini constantly tells the press that 'he's at fault' when the team played shit.

You need some perspective. From another way round, I can also say players who are paid such shitload amount of money should least have self-respect and initiative to do well for the team, that's being a professional - a la Zaba, Kompany, etc. In a company, if you know you're doing badly, do you wait for your boss to come tell you in your face, or come give you a hug just to hope you'll do better next time. No, if you enter the company to receive your paycheck, then you jolly well justify your paycheck.

Mancini's man-management may be blunt and not the most attractive style, but at least it keeps the players in check of themselves. This creates professionals in the club. Shower the players too much love and what do you get? Chelsea - a team with heads bigger than the boss.

Hey, I'm one of the biggest fans of Tevez, but to blame his downhill form on the shoulders of Mancini is just utterly bias.

Tev was Tev tonight, full of running, quality link up play, scored a brilliant goal, looked a threat all night and even saved one off the line. The little fella is invaluable at the moment and if Sergio's injury news is bad well need him to have more games like he did tonight. Love the little fella!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.