Carlos Tevez | How do City fans remember him?

He was a battler, who never gave less than 100%, when on the football field.

His arrival in Manchester did two things. Firstly, it raised the club’s profile, not just in this country, but around the world. We even met a lad in New York, who’d seen Carlos at the 2010 World Cup, and was so impressed by him that he started following City as a result.

Secondly, it raised our performance level several notches to where we finally became serious contenders for major honours again.

The spat with Bobby Manc in München didn’t endear him to many of us, but on balance, his contribution to the Blue cause far outweighed any negatives.

He got under Neville's skin and ratboy gave him the finger which was funny.
I moved to Turin the year he went to Juventus.I could not got away from the fooker.Great player.

He was the very first player post-takeover who I watched and thought "fuck me, I can't believe this guy plays for us."

Absolutely phenomenal player, could play up front on his own against 4 defenders and give them all a torrid time.

His performance at home to Chelsea in 2010/11 when he scored the winner was just sensational. One of the best players to put on the shirt for me. Pity it was so brief...

The more I learn about Mancini from ex-players speaking out, the more inclined I am to believe that the Munich spat was more his fault than it was Tevez's.

I don't think I fully appreciated him when we had him, but looking back I realise just how good he was. Maybe not a prolific goalscorer like Aguero, but Tevez had this ability to drag the team up that very few of our current crop seem to possess. We were crying out for someone like him in that second half of the CL Final, that's for sure.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.