Carlos Tevez Interview Translated

I have been to Buenos Aires and I'm afraid it's just not great . Some guy on this thread even mentioned Cork being better than Manchester with it's one decent street with a few bars on it, great for well a day and it's like a tiny village not a city. The point is Manchester is a vibrant , exciting city with lots to do. If you were paid as much as footballers the freedom to do what you like must be amazing .

green pennies said:
TonyM said:
Dzeko & Hyde said:
Here's something that I don't understand. Why doesn't the club hire an event planner who can set up NUMEROUS fun activities fior his family/friends to do when they come to visit. He's a €45 million investment, and a major concern of his could be solved for €1000 or less. If he's sincere about the problem, then he'd be very appreciative of the club's help.

This is my first post by the way. It's just my third season watching the EPL (and rooting for Man City), and I love it. I live in California and I get so jealous on the day of the match because you guys get to see it in person....and now with everyone making CL travel plans....grrr!! Haha! Anyway, it's good to be here and GO CITY!

I like hearing of new fans getting the bug! Hope you make it over some day. :-)

On Tevez: Watching the whole interview with translation gave me a greater understanding of where he is coming from. It is kind of hard to be mad at a guy for wanting to save/repair relationships with his family. I too have moments of "GTFO Carlos, I'm sick of hearing your latest comments, do we really even need you anymore?" not to mention the fear that he might be a bad force in the locker room... but then I remember the work ethic, the hustle, the goals.. and I tell myself that until I see him dog it on the pitch, I'm going to continue to be ok with him.

Dzeko & Hyde: nice to hear from someone in a situation similar to mine and

Tony M: nice also to see someone who doesn't see it as a bad thing that we were born in the wrong country. Hey, we did make the right choice in club after all! I read a lot about Manchester pride on here, how most Mancunians support City, and how so many view it as so vitally important to go to the games live; and I often see people insult fans of other clubs (especially the rags) by saying how they have so many fans from all over, how their fans watch the games on tv, etc. (hell, I laugh at the videos of overweight American girls singing love songs to Chicharito and weird Bangladesh kids dancing around in their ugly red jerseys right along with you.) While all the passion is part of the reason I chose City in the first place, that rhetoric does make me feel very .. I dunno almost guilty every time I come across it.

It sometimes appears as if City fans from Manchester would rather not have those of us from around the world supporting their club, as if it would somehow denigrate what it means to be blue. Add to this the guilt of only having followed City for a few years, and it's easy to feel like other City fans would hate you if they ever met you. Obviously I can't make many of those people change their minds, but I would like to say that once you get caught up in what all of this means, it does become a part of your heart and soul. It changes you. If not in the full way that only those of you who have experienced love and loss live right in front of you for years know, then at least in as much as City consumes my mind for much of the day; and how every touch of the ball during a match elicits some sort of response from me, be it pleasure or pain. In some cases a club can choose you.

I know it's just a message board but I feel so much joy for all of you supporters on here who are experiencing Sheikh-era City after enduring literally decades of poor results/relegation/ups and downs, etc. I know I will never know what it's like, I know my understanding of what being a supporter is and even the game itself is probably decades behind the lot of you. I'm doing all I can to study up on club history and players. I wish there was a way for me to go back in time and do penance in the Championship/League One days (and even before that system was in place) and beyond, just to prove I'd still be blue. Unfortunately I cannot.

But remember those of you from Manchester and the surrounding areas; you are lucky, I envy you, I give you all due respect, and I hope to be among you all one day at COMS. On that day I plan on singing until my voice is gone. One thing I cannot every understand is how (as has been alleged on here often) parts of the stands can be quiet during our matches. You are watching the greatest football team there is, for reasons beyond the money and the players currently in our employ. I'm screaming at a television in America like an asshole, and my wife doesn't understand it, but while I dream of being there I can think of nothing better to do with my voice. You are there. Use yours.

Sorry for the aside. Not sure what kind of response I'm going for, but I wanted you all to know.
In my experience people on message boards are not representative of City supporters. Believe it or not you can be a Blue even if;
1. You weren't born on at St Marys Hospital in the shadow of Maine Road
2. Even if you don't own and old pair of trainers that have dog shit on them
from an alley at the back of the kippax.
3. You weren't at York
4. You drink at City square and don't like Mary D's
5. You actually think the family stand is a good idea.
When you finally come to Manchester and attend a match I'm pretty sure you'll enjoy the match day experience (shit, didn't mean to say that)

Stuuuuuu said:
danburge82 said:
Plus Manchester - although a small city - has fucking shit loads to do. And there are dozens of great restaurants to eat in, dozens!

"Dozens"!? Are you serious? There are hundreds my friend.
From the city centre, to Didsbury, to Altrincham, to Hale, to Wilmslow, to Rusholme, to Chorlton.. you're probably right!<br /><br />-- Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:41 am --<br /><br />
Chrisja1000 said:
I have been to Buenos Aires and I'm afraid it's just not great . Some guy on this thread even mentioned Cork being better than Manchester with it's one decent street with a few bars on it, great for well a day and it's like a tiny village not a city. The point is Manchester is a vibrant , exciting city with lots to do. If you were paid as much as footballers the freedom to do what you like must be amazing .
Buenos Aires is supposed to be the most cosmopolitan, vibrant and best city in the whole of South America!

the thing with Tevez now staying was explain in another post few days ago.

He is owned by some guy that he doesn't know and tied into contract with different agents, a lot of obsticles stopping him moving on

danburge82 said:
Stuuuuuu said:
danburge82 said:
Plus Manchester - although a small city - has fucking shit loads to do. And there are dozens of great restaurants to eat in, dozens!

"Dozens"!? Are you serious? There are hundreds my friend.
From the city centre, to Didsbury, to Altrincham, to Hale, to Wilmslow, to Rusholme, to Chorlton.. you're probably right!

-- Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:41 am --

Chrisja1000 said:
Buenos Aires is supposed to be the most cosmopolitan, vibrant and best city in the whole of South America!
came back from BA two weeks ago

there is no way on earth i would swap it for manchester
the women are not the best, at all
the streets are scruffy, the traffic ridiculous
most of the restaurants are italian
but the steak is fantastic

Tevez: I wasn't happy that the club weren't progressing, the directors told me to fuck off back to training and be patient. I said i wanted to leave, we weren't progressing.

Interviewer: But then you got into the CL and won the FA Cup.

Tevez: Yes.

Both: ...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.