Carlos Tevez Must Stay

CatMan

If we are stupid enough to let Carlos Tevez, one of the hardest working players ever to wear our shirt and the man who single handedly won last night's game drift away to another club at his contract end or even sell him this summer then it will be a monumental mistake!

I am sure Tevez, if offered an extended deal, would sign up.

He is after all, almost a full year younger than Yaya, and if I am honest, contributes more energy and changes just as many games. I certainly have never seen Tevez refuse to run back as Yaya did at Wembley.

In my opinion, he must be kept, we couldn't find another like him and he is only just 29, which is younger than RVP who is soon 30.

I agree and believe that this case is inargueable. If Dzeko is on his way out, we will need to sign 2 top strikers to replace him and Balotelli, so he should be retained for the sake of consistency, and because he's worth it. Very, very few players could have created the opportunity and scored as he did last night. And he works like a feckin trojan.

He is 29 so will be good only for a couple of years max. Get rid, free up wages and bring in Falcao/Cavani both of whom can play as well if not better for the next 5 years.

Skashion said:
Must he indeed. His lack of goals is one of the main reasons we're not in the title race.
Just his??

Bit unfair that, being the highest goal scorer in the team
I would say Silva, Nasri, Yaya, Aguero (injuries though), Dzeko, Mario(when here) should have all scored a few more along with not having jolo around for corners anymore

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Skashion said:
Must he indeed. His lack of goals is one of the main reasons we're not in the title race.
Just his??

I would say Silva, Nasri, Yaya, Aguero (injuries though), Dzeko, Mario(when here) should have all scored a few more along with not having jolo around for corners anymore
Tevez, 11 goals in 1994 minutes = 181 minutes per goal
Aguero, 10 goals in 1669 minutes = 166.9 minutes per goal
Dzeko, 12 goals in 1431 minutes = 123.4 minutes per goal

Tevez has not had a great season by any stretch or bounds of the imagination and yet we must keep him apparently.

He can't go in the summer anyway. He's got to do his community service which will take up most of the summer months. Earliest he'd go would be January next year. For what it's worth though, I'd see if he would stay for 2 more years then let him go on a free back home.

Skashion said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Skashion said:
Just his??

Tevez, 11 goals in 1994 minutes = 181 minutes per goal
Aguero, 10 goals in 1669 minutes = 166.9 minutes per goal
Dzeko, 12 goals in 1431 minutes = 123.4 minutes per goal

Tevez has not had a great season by any stretch or bounds of the imagination and yet we must keep him apparently.

While I dont really like the minutes per goal stuff I do agree that Tevez has not had a great season although he is almost 1 in 2 through the whole campaign. On the whole though City have not been a heavily goal scoring side and Tevez always offers you a little more up front than just a goal getter

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.