Carlos Tevez Must Stay

Overall, I think I've been proved right really about Tevez. So many people last season say we'd walk the league with Tevez and Aguero and it simply hasn't happened. Neither player has scored as many goals as they should. With those two players and Silva and Nasri, our style of play is too predictable and lacks bite on the counter. As far as I'm concerned they limit each other's effectiveness and if you're picking one player to keep, you keep the reliable young player, not Tevez, who clearly wants out anyway and appears to have already rejected one contract extension. Replace him this summer if we can with a striker with pace, keep Guidetti as the fourth option and focus on other areas of the side, including a winger, or even two, and hopefully a deep-lying playmaker.

MaineRoadBlue said:
If we are stupid enough to let Carlos Tevez, one of the hardest working players ever to wear our shirt and the man who single handedly won last night's game drift away to another club at his contract end or even sell him this summer then it will be a monumental mistake!

I am sure Tevez, if offered an extended deal, would sign up.

He is after all, almost a full year younger than Yaya, and if I am honest, contributes more energy and changes just as many games. I certainly have never seen Tevez refuse to run back as Yaya did at Wembley.

In my opinion, he must be kept, we couldn't find another like him and he is only just 29, which is younger than RVP who is soon 30.

This is spot on. Makes perfect sense.

Skashion said:
Overall, I think I've been proved right really about Tevez. So many people last season say we'd walk the league with Tevez and Aguero and it simply hasn't happened. Neither player has scored as many goals as they should. With those two players and Silva and Nasri, our style of play is too predictable and lacks bite on the counter. As far as I'm concerned they limit each other's effectiveness and if you're picking one player to keep, you keep the reliable young player, not Tevez, who clearly wants out anyway and appears to have already rejected one contract extension. Replace him this summer if we can with a striker with pace, keep Guidetti as the fourth option and focus on other areas of the side, including a winger, or even two, and hopefully a deep-lying playmaker.
Must admit I one of them who said they would score shit loads when played together
I think we still have a good win ratio when they both start,maybe just not enough goals
Would still keep him anyway,unless someone better was bought.

The cookie monster said:
Must admit I one of them who said they would score shit loads when played together
I think we still have a good win ratio when they both start,maybe just not enough goals
Would still keep him anyway,unless someone better was bought.
It is an interesting stat that one. The Tevez-Aguero win ratio. Someone posted a thread showing that at the time when the partnership ended, the win ratio was not that good, however, the win ratio from starting is good. That suggests they wear teams down and then these weaknesses were exploited by the fresh legs of substitutes when one or both are off the pitch. However, that was earlier in the season when Dzeko was simply immense off the bench. That is no longer the case so maybe that's no longer true.

However, I think that while we do have structural problems that we need to address, we've also been unlucky with injuries and with the African Cup of Nations for the second year in a row. It could also well be the case that we finish within the six points the home derby cost us, which shows how fine the margins can be and how big those games are. I think we'll bounce back next year if Mancini's still here and gets the money to spend that he should have had last summer.

Why do you think Tevez would stay if we offered him a new contract, all he ever speaks about how he wants to retire at Boca.

He has a chance next year to go "home" for nothing and become an instant hero and his family would live how they want to.

Privately I am sure it has been discussed but I don't see it happening so here's hoping he can have one more storming year and go out on a high.

I'm not geeky enough to go digging through the internet for stats, but I'm sure you'll find that Tevez needs continuity to be at his peak. Compare his goalscoring records at utd and when he first came to City - playing in every match - and now. He doesn't benefit from squad rotation. Barring his desire to go home, I'd definitely keep him. We couldn't replace his combination of goals and graft for under £40 million. Could we ?

Skashion said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Skashion said:
Must he indeed. His lack of goals is one of the main reasons we're not in the title race.
Just his??

Bit unfair that, being the highest goal scorer in the team
I would say Silva, Nasri, Yaya, Aguero (injuries though), Dzeko, Mario(when here) should have all scored a few more along with not having jolo around for corners anymore
Tevez, 11 goals in 1994 minutes = 181 minutes per goal
Aguero, 10 goals in 1669 minutes = 166.9 minutes per goal
Dzeko, 12 goals in 1431 minutes = 123.4 minutes per goal

Tevez has not had a great season by any stretch or bounds of the imagination and yet we must keep him apparently.

How about assists? ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.