Carlos Tevez

Rammyblues said:
For those wanting Tevez to stay just a simple question were you saying that after the debacle in Munich last year?

I think he should stay and no I wasn't saying that post munich but things change and changes are that he's patched things up with mancini, that he's worked solid since he returned, that he's speaking very positively about the club, that he's formed a fantastic partnership with aguero and he's looking great in pre-season training.

Anyway, with your 'fixed' view - were you saying he shouldn't be on the pitch when his efforts were key in lifting the side and engineering the incredible turn-around that won us the title last season?

PS. I agree that Kia's a twat but all the best agents are. He does well for his clients and that's what he's paid for.

Rammyblues said:
For those wanting Tevez to stay just a simple question were you saying that after the debacle in Munich last year?
Yep the guy is world class, he obviously has issues and is a fruit cake but if he delivers on the pitch who cares. If Mancini didn't forgive him last years would we have won the league?

Rammyblues said:
I remain one of those older supporters who uneasy about this

oldmen.jpg

greasedupdeafguy said:
Rammyblues said:
Yep the guy is world class, he obviously has issues and is a fruit cake but if he delivers on the pitch who cares. If Mancini didn't forgive him last years would we have won the league?

Key words being "On the pitch". The fact of the matter is, if he does another runner, which we have no reason to believe he couldn't. He won't be on the pitch, can't take that risk.

I think he should stay and no I wasn't saying that post munich but things change and changes are that he's patched things up with mancini, that he's worked solid since he returned, that he's speaking very positively about the club, that he's formed a fantastic partnership with aguero and he's looking great in pre-season training.

Anyway, with your 'fixed' view - were you saying he shouldn't be on the pitch when his efforts were key in lifting the side and engineering the incredible turn-around that won us the title last season?

PS. I agree that Kia's a twat but all the best agents are. He does well for his clients and that's what he's paid for.

I have liked Tevez from the minute he played for West Ham. I was delighted when we got him after his loan spell with the rags. IMO he has given 100% performances on the pitch and yes there will always be some falling out or not seeing eye to eye with a manger. IMO that all changed in Munich, for me he would never again have worn our shirt. What it showed to me at that time to win the title you need four strikers available at all times during a season. If he hadn't have swanned off to improve his golf no doubt the title would have been sewed up long before his return. Yes he did attempt to put things right and played in his normal give 100% effort. If anyone thinks that the kiss and makeup between him and Manager was the end of it maybe I read things differently, Mancini bears grudges, look at Onouha as soon as you are out of favour you are hsitory at City, the difference between him and Tevez was Tevez was a high quality and expensive player and it won't be a simple matter of touting him to any club, there are only certain clubs that can afford him. For me notwithstanding the apparant make up, Tevez's future at this club was sealed long before then. I am just as sorry to see him leave as anyone else and wish there was someway for a happy ending but IMO as a club we cannot risk any repetition of this happening again and by the Manager signing a new contract it sends out to all the players, Mancini is in charge, you don't do what he says you are history. For me Mancini hasn't put a foot wrong at our club the trophies demonstrate this. If this deal doesn't happen I have no doubt the facade of the make up between manager and player will continue.

MCFC-alan88 said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
Rammyblues said:

Key words being "On the pitch". The fact of the matter is, if he does another runner, which we have no reason to believe he couldn't. He won't be on the pitch, can't take that risk.
I would take that risk for such a good player and I think Mancini will, plus Tevez finally seems settled now for the first time since Mancini took over.

I alwasy liked him even when he played for utd and was over the moon once he was a city player, but he hasnt shown the club any respect demanding a move and then buggering off for half a season! We gave him the armband ffs and he still fucked us off! I want him out of the club he isnt good enough for us anymore and im just waiting for the next episode. Will never forgive him will happily take 35mil off ac for him!

But the thing is, whoever we let go off, we must find better alternative to bring in. I would be very surprised we ended up lowering the quality of the sqaud just because of an infected past.

Matt the Giant said:
But the thing is, whoever we let go off, we must find better alternative to bring in. I would be very surprised we ended up lowering the quality of the sqaud just because of an infected past.

if you look hard enough,you will find a better alternative,i dont know who,clubs employ people to do that..dont know about you but,before we signed vinnie,i never heard of him.what a find that was......so IMO,they are out there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.