Carlos Tevez

Status
Not open for further replies.
If these reports are actually true, it probably means the club couldn't agree on a contract extension with him. I reckon the club will have wanted him to take a big pay cut (he isn't a £200,000/week player anymore) and can you see Tevez (Kia) agreeing to that?

Phuket Blue said:
BlueHalli said:
I say we cash in now on tevez and keep dzeko . Tev has been a great player but at 29 I'd like us to part with him for someone new to take his place .

I don't quite get this bit. Tev is too old at 29, but our new 'Boy from Brazil' (via Ukraine) is 28 yet we're all creaming ourselves over his arrival???

If we are getting Cavani at least one of the strikers has to go and with only one year left on his contract better to get some money in for Carlos now than let him go for free in 12 months. If Dzeko goes too that's a huge chunk towards Cavani fee and wages and presumes there is confidence in Guidetti to be a back up striker. Tev wouldn't be happy warming the bench this season either if Cavani arrives.

To be fair to Tevez he was our best striker second half of the season and since he came back from his self imposed strike he has been as good as gold.

I will be sad to see him go for one.

Also arnt we now the club he's stayed with the longest in his career to date?

Doesn't Juve have an extremely restricted wage structure? Tevez would have had to have taken a massive pay cut there, wouldn't he?

Probably the signing that put us firmly on the map.He's been a fantastic acquisition,not only for getting right under those filthy Rag skins but mainly due to his ability and industry.

I obviously wish 'the incident' had never happened but i'm a firm believer that it takes two to tango and recent events give that more credence imo.

He will be sadly missed by me if he goes and I wish him all the best,however,i do believe,with the evolution of our team/set up,this could be the right time.

Now lets get Edinson!

Tevez is a top class player but unfortunately does the majority of his best work outside the box. We need a top class finisher, someone who might do nothing for 89 minutes but then smashes in the winner with his only chance of the game.

OrigamiNinja said:
Tevez is a top class player but unfortunately does the majority of his best work outside the box. We need a top class finisher, someone who might do nothing for 89 minutes but then smashes in the winner with his only chance of the game.

Like Tevez at home to Wigan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.