Carlos Tevez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Marvin said:
Hopefully the deal is done.

Setting aside the arguments over the fee and how good he was/is, who will we target as a replacement

I think we still have an interest in Cavani, though his Uruguay performances make you wonder whether he may have a problem replicating his Napoli form elsewhere.

Benteke? Michu?

I expect Pellegrini will be looking at a Spanish/Portuguese or South American player(s). You buy what you know.

And what about Dzeko. Even with the arrival of Navas, I still don't see Dzeko fitting in with Aguero.

Michu is interesting for me. 17 goals for Swansea who play a similar style but with players that are not as good as ours.

Who knows. Tevez will take some replacing though

Michu got found out very quickly for me.

How many goals did he score in the second half of the season ?

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
CTID101 said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
yet again..We get shafted...10 Million....
Shafted?

Considering everything its a good deal. Age, contract, agents, family all counting heavily against him. Not sure how we could have got any more.

See above!

See above! the See above!

Maly Wilson said:
Do we really need a replacement for Tevez?

My understanding is that we will be playing a 4-3-3 of sorts next season, so for CF we will have Aguero, Dzeko and Guidetti. (or a replacement if Dzeko goes).

That's 3 players for 1 one position.

We have Nasri, Silva, Navas & Milner as a possibility for 2 wide positions of the front 3. For me, Milner is better playing from a deeper role as he doesn't have the pace or trickery for an out & out forward, so I'm more than happy with the Isco signing ; )

If it happens
In that case, we'd still need to sign a goalscoring winger then, because God knows none of our current midfielders know where the net is.

I'm With Stupid said:
Maly Wilson said:
Do we really need a replacement for Tevez?

My understanding is that we will be playing a 4-3-3 of sorts next season, so for CF we will have Aguero, Dzeko and Guidetti. (or a replacement if Dzeko goes).

That's 3 players for 1 one position.

We have Nasri, Silva, Navas & Milner as a possibility for 2 wide positions of the front 3. For me, Milner is better playing from a deeper role as he doesn't have the pace or trickery for an out & out forward, so I'm more than happy with the Isco signing ; )

If it happens
In that case, we'd still need to sign a goalscoring winger then, because God knows none of our current midfielders know where the net is.

We need a 25 goals per season striker. FACT.

@BluePhil8 said:
What a difference a week makes.

From signing Fernandinho and Navas, now Cavani and Isco have slipped away at the last hurdle. Tevez leaving. Does this mean we are stuck with Dzeko? Unbelievable. I have faith in Soriano and Begiristein, but it isn't looking good.
THIS. we went from a very promising window to a disaster window in "five red seconds" IF something els doesnt happen in this window.

but i feel a bit underwhelmed by all this.

Skashion said:
Won the league with his goals. Comedy. Some ridiculous levels of mental gymnastics going on here.
Must be like Christmas come early for you, quite sad really that this is probably the pinnacle of your week.

cmdub said:
Hold the phone boys:

RT @ianherbs: Carlos Tevez - Im told personal terms are nowhere near to being agreed. This may not be over yet #mcfc

not done yet it seems, herbs is a reliable guy
I'm done with ITK's at the moment. No offence!

I liked Tevez. Thought he was hard done by by mancini.

But right time to go for us

However he has to agree terms I think. Hopefully that's all been sorted in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.