Caroline Flack - rest in peace

Time for me to move on from this thread as I havent got anything further to contribute. We will just have to agree to dissagree. For me few things are sadder than someone taking their own life. Having experienced the enormous pain and emptyness that a suicide brings to the rest of the family, even decades later, perhaps I look at things slightly differently than most folk.

I've been there myself with a family member, you are right that when you go through an experience like this it does give you a perspective that other may not have.

I think the criticism of the CPS is way off the mark on this incident. However, they do IMO like to make an example out of people in the public eye for crimes that are currently a popular talking point.

The real issue is how unforgiving society has become and how judgemental people are on social media.

It seems that in this day an age people are guilty until proven innocent and the moment a story hits the press it’s open season.

People need to let the trial actually happen before passing judgements on people.

well said, I’ve taken a lot of stick on here for defending certain celebs when I think the abuse has gone too far, I know for many they think their opinion is only on a footie forum so that’s ok, it’s not - everything you put into words on any sort of social platform has consequences- If there’s any sort of light out of this tragedy it’s that many might think a bit more before they’re going to say something hurtful.

well said, I’ve taken a lot of stick on here for defending certain celebs when I think the abuse has gone too far, I know for many they think their opinion is only on a footie forum so that’s ok, it’s not - everything you put into words on any sort of social platform has consequences- If there’s any sort of light out of this tragedy it’s that many might think a bit more before they’re going to say something hurtful.

What is the difference between a celebrity and a politician? As one gets more abuse than the other and its deemed as fair game?

What is the difference between a celebrity and a politician? As one gets more abuse than the other and its deemed as fair game?
Your average celeb doesn't have lots of people shifting through stuff said so they never see it and they don't have paparreze(sp) following them around,you are fair game only if you do something wrong imo not if you pop out for milk with no make up on etc,the celeb mags and papers rely on tittletattle and they go for the easiest way to get it,if you are a presenter,singer,actress being in the public eye is the downside,the whole thing has gone to far and leverson recs have been in the bin a long time

No-one deserves to be afraid of being crushed by the media

Your average celeb doesn't have lots of people shifting through stuff said so they never see it and they don't have paparreze(sp) following them around,you are fair game only if you do something wrong imo not if you pop out for milk with no make up on etc,the celeb mags and papers rely on tittletattle and they go for the easiest way to get it,if you are a presenter,singer,actress being in the public eye is the downside,the whole thing has gone to far and leverson recs have been in the bin a long time

No-one deserves to be afraid of being crushed by the media

I'm not talking about regulations though. I'm talking about what this whole thread is based upon and all the current hash tags #BeKind

It seems politicians are fair game, the abuse they can receive on online forums such as this one, social media and even in the street is toxic. Yet everyone is lamenting poor Caroline Flack because of the abuse she has received online for alledge things she has done.

Footballers as well are fair game it seems. It's ok to sing Bobby Charlton is a peadophile yet don't dare criticise someone for being a little chubby.

You cannot be choosy of who to #BeKind too, the whole world is full of hypocrites.

I'm not talking about regulations though. I'm talking about what this whole thread is based upon and all the current hash tags #BeKind

It seems politicians are fair game, the abuse they can receive on online forums such as this one, social media and even in the street is toxic. Yet everyone is lamenting poor Caroline Flack because of the abuse she has received online for alledge things she has done.

Footballers as well are fair game it seems. It's ok to sing Bobby Charlton is a peadophile yet don't dare criticise someone for being a little chubby.

You cannot be choosy of who to #BeKind too, the whole world is full of hypocrites.
Mental problems have never been worse,why do you think prince harry has given up his royal life,he has done nothig wrong but the media have known for a long time that he is suffering and went after him and his wife anyway,celebs don't have any protection,it's just them.#BeKind is to try and get people to think before they hurl abuse or victimise anyone in the public eye or regulat folk via media and social media,of course it won't work witout the magazines,papers and twitter going out of business,it's here to stay now

Anyone who gets this at their place of work or in the street,in their homes via social media,the kids at school,work anywhere do not deserve to be hounded to the point of suicide,the world never used to be this nasty

not by me it doesn’t, politicians get beyond evil abuse chucked at them, especially Theresa May, Abbot and Corbyn in recent years - fortunately most politicians can stay away from social media and seem better equipped with dealing with abuse.

either way, celebs, politicians, sports players, they’re all human and don’t deserve constant vitriol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.