Carrington / Platt Lane

tidyman said:
I can't see any reason why the club wouldn't own Platt Lane.

I've no idea what the plans are once everything around the ground is complete but I'd be very disappointed if the last link with the area and community around our home for 80 years is lost.

The impression I get from what these owners are about is that they won't allow that to happen.
Didn't the club buy it off the GMP, back when dinosaurs roamed the earth? I'mfairly sure that they do (or at least did) own it.

jimharri said:
tidyman said:

I've no idea what the plans are once everything around the ground is complete but I'd be very disappointed if the last link with the area and community around our home for 80 years is lost.

The impression I get from what these owners are about is that they won't allow that to happen.
Didn't the club buy it off the GMP, back when dinosaurs roamed the earth? I'mfairly sure that they do (or at least did) own it.
no such thing as dinosaurs,mate its a CIA invention,to stop people time traveling

bellbuzzer said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Carrington is leased and platt lane owned I think

That whole area is on the Mersey flood plain and probably worth very little so leasing was the smart move. The ground the rags use originally belonged to Shell, and has restrictions on it's use iirc
Given the size and scope of the new traning complex, we would only keep Platt lane for sentimental reasons, if we do keep it that is.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm I have not seen the flood Risk Assessments but I don't think that area has flooded in living memory, although I do beleive it's classed as semi green belt land, if it could be developed it would be worth a fortune

jimharri said:
tidyman said:

They did, I played football on there as a kid and saved a penalty off George Best :-)

Pam said:
york away to this! said:
In order to assist with FFP, they may be sold off as valuable club assets. I understand that an Abu Dhabi supermarket chain has made a 150billion offer..

Fuck off. Its worth far more that 150 billion.

If PSG owned it Carrefours of Qatar would pay that per square metre - and Twattini would say thats fine any dandy

The club own Platt Lane and this will continue to operate as a facility. It is the last link to Maine Road and will always stay as such. Carrington is leased and will be handed back to the landlord once the move to The Campus has been completed. There will be no further club activity there.

GXCity said:
The club own Platt Lane and this will continue to operate as a facility. It is the last link to Maine Road and will always stay as such.

Wrong. MMU taking it over as of next season. All city training to be done at the new campus.

warpig said:
GXCity said:
The club own Platt Lane and this will continue to operate as a facility. It is the last link to Maine Road and will always stay as such.

Wrong. MMU taking it over as of next season. All city training to be done at the new campus.
Taking it over or managing it on City's behalf as tenants?

tidyman said:

I can see one perfectly good reason why we wouldn't own Platt Lane: Swales.

That said, sounds from the other posts like we do still own it.

warpig said:
GXCity said:

Pardon a stupid question here, but who are MMU?

Edit: wait - Manchester Metropolitan University. Worked it out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.