Carrington / Platt Lane

lancs blue said:
warpig said:
GXCity said:
The club own Platt Lane and this will continue to operate as a facility. It is the last link to Maine Road and will always stay as such.

Wrong. MMU taking it over as of next season. All city training to be done at the new campus.
Taking it over or managing it on City's behalf as tenants?

Taking it over as in lock stock, the full del monte. The complex is going to be completely rebranded, ie all the MCFC stuff taken down. Have heard a whisper United are looking at our Carrington site.

Rumour has it the new academy project is quite a bit behind schedule.Might need Carrington for a while longer than expected.

warpig said:
GXCity said:
The club own Platt Lane and this will continue to operate as a facility. It is the last link to Maine Road and will always stay as such.

Wrong. MMU taking it over as of next season. All city training to be done at the new campus.

Manchester FA are having part/all of it

Ducado said:
bellbuzzer said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Carrington is leased and platt lane owned I think

That whole area is on the Mersey flood plain and probably worth very little so leasing was the smart move. The ground the rags use originally belonged to Shell, and has restrictions on it's use iirc
Given the size and scope of the new traning complex, we would only keep Platt lane for sentimental reasons, if we do keep it that is.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm I have not seen the flood Risk Assessments but I don't think that area has flooded in living memory, although I do beleive it's classed as semi green belt land, if it could be developed it would be worth a fortune

according to wiki it is a peat bog with a depth between 17 and 25 feet. Historically it was used as a sewage dump with over a million tons of effluent being deposited. Still seems to be owned by the council, so any development would be to their benefit, that is if any development is allowed.

Nelly's Left Foot said:
Rumour has it the new academy project is quite a bit behind schedule.Might need Carrington for a while longer than expected.

Correct 3 months behind 1st team and academy move in in november

bluemoondays said:
bellbuzzer said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Carrington is leased and platt lane owned I think

That whole area is on the Mersey flood plain and probably worth very little so leasing was the smart move. The ground the rags use originally belonged to Shell, and has restrictions on it's use iirc
Given the size and scope of the new traning complex, we would only keep Platt lane for sentimental reasons, if we do keep it that is.
They could always do a variant of the Madrid dodge. Sell it to a leasing company for megabucks then lease it back for £1 a year, or hundreds of £1,000's if that works out better for keeping the books straight ;-)

For the purposes of FFP money from the sale of assets counts as income, but spending on infrastructure does not count as outgoings for break even.

Sell a training facility for £10 mill
Buy it back a week later for £10.5 mill
£10 mill towards break even
rinse and repeat until breakeven met

117 M34 said:
warpig said:
GXCity said:

Manchester FA are having part/all of it

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.manchesterfa.com/news/2014/may/mcfa-to-relocate-hq" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.manchesterfa.com/news/2014/m ... elocate-hq</a>

How's that for ITK?

tidyman said:
I can't see any reason why the club wouldn't own Platt Lane.

I've no idea what the plans are once everything around the ground is complete but I'd be very disappointed if the last link with the area and community around our home for 80 years is lost.

The impression I get from what these owners are about is that they won't allow that to happen.
Iam sure when were skint we did a deal with the council & we rent it from them that is why every tom dick & harry used to train there as well as the players

Every big club has an easy to reach out of town training complex.

Are City really going to make all their star players traipse into the inner city every day?

Seems like a backward step to me.

urmston said:
Every big club has an easy to reach out of town training complex.

Are City really going to make all their star players traipse into the inner city every day?

Seems like a backward step to me.
The player's dont seem to have any trouble getting to training when they do so at the ground the day before matchday. At the times they are travelling don't see any issue.

Dzeko definitely and the likes of Nastasic and the younger lads probably live in town anyway.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.