CAS judgement: UEFA ban overturned, City exonerated (report out p603)

So Stefan its another year thats passed since you wrote that article and did the podcast which I found informative and interesting. I do have some experience of the workings of the HIgh Court having attended a few times as a member of an appellant legal team, which is probably why. As you say the matters are very dry, complicated and more than a little tedious. Very pleasant lunches at the Inn paid for by the QC made it more bearable.
As far as you are aware have matters moved anywhere since that time? You intimated it was likely MCFC had provided the PL with documentation they had requested, yet despite the insistence of the Judge that the details of these matters are distinctly in the public interest we've heard nothing informative since last year as if there seems to be an impasse. I appreciate as you've mentioned previously these civil cases move glacially but this appears to be more at a stop!
Again seemingly no charges have been brought and the evidential time limitations are another year further along. Does the limitation issues burden on allowable evidence affect this case in any way? Does not the older the evidence gets that may be relied upon create probity issues? Thanks again for your considered opinions.

@projectriver

To be fair, we agree to UEFA's licensing rules so we would need to comply with them. In civil cases (as this is) parties are obligated to disclose documents and evidence that both supports and weakens their case. Those are the rules.
I agree with you and understand the principle, but UEFA were party to the agreement and breached the agreement so there should have been some recognition of that or a fine - as naive as that sounds.

When will they realise that City are now the status quo?
They will not. This is a Business war. The American led (red) corporations want to remove City from the equation so they can go back to being able to split the revenue amongst themselves in peace and without disturbance. The US owners of Liverpool, United, Arsenal and now Chelsea are only in this for the money. They are not even interested in Football, it is just a money making machine. For them it was perfect when there was only a top-4 as it more or less guaranteed Champions League every year, equal to a guaranteed revenue stream. City disturbed that cozy arrangement, so they fight us with all possible means, legal or illegal, ethical or unethical it does not matter. The only thing that is for sure is that these owners are only in football to make money, i.e. to extract money out of the game. They are the true parasites of our sport.

Can't really understand your reply including quotes that don't actually appear in the piece. As for your premise that it is "highly accusatory and clearly labels City as the villains", it isn't and doesn't.
I'd suggest re-reading the piece then pr, all the 'points' were copy pasted from your opening summary header.

US owners see sport as a business. They invest and are entitled to a return. CFG are exactly the same. Soriano said recently “we have three principal shareholders and they want a return.” The saving grace is the capital appreciation. Make no mistake, CFG are in it to make money and will act accordingly, but, we hope, without the underhand methods of the red shirts. Future profits from the Etihad complex will accrue to CFG, starting with the Coop arena.
City will still have to wash its face.

My take is the PL are waiting for the numbers to stack up. Once they have 14 owners agreeable to their position then they pull the trigger.

By my count Arsenal, Villa, Chelsea, Liverpool, Man Utd, Leicester West Ham and Spurs will all vote to convict regardless of the outcome of any investigation.

Man City, Everton * and Newcastle will all vote against it.

That leaves 9 clubs that could be influenced either way. City need 4 to come down on there side. I have Everton* because they are the one I think the PL are waiting on to sell up. Another American owner in there and you may book flights to Switzerland.

My take is the PL are waiting for the numbers to stack up. Once they have 14 owners agreeable to their position then they pull the trigger.

By my count Arsenal, Villa, Chelsea, Liverpool, Man Utd, Leicester West Ham and Spurs will all vote to convict regardless of the outcome of any investigation.

That leaves 9 clubs that could be influenced either way. City need 4 to come down on there side. I have Everton* because they are the one I think the PL are waiting on to sell up. Another American owner in there and you may book flights to Switzerland.
Don’t think anything will be happening in Switzerland, there’s no right of appeal to CAS for Premier League decisions

The clubs don't actually get a vote who to convict though, I'm not sure why you'd post that?

Don’t think anything will be happening in Switzerland, there’s no right of appeal to CAS for Premier League decisions
There is, albeit indirectly. PL exist under UEFA and FIFA authority and both are headquartered in Switzerland and answerable to CAS.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.