CAS judgement: UEFA ban overturned, City exonerated (report out p603)

Yeah. I think we were almost forced into holding back, due to uefas behaviour towards us.
I'd like to think that we'd go for reclaiming this fine as part of damages as a result of the whole investigation (perhaps not through CAS) but probably we'll stick rather than twist.

it feels like we've beat every one of our rivals 5-0 at the same time. not been this happy on a monday morning for a long time.

Waaaaaa, I didn't get the decision I wanted, so I'm taking my ball and going home.

La Liga president Javier Tebas has declared the Court of Arbitration for Sport as being ‘not up to standard’ after overturning Manchester City’s two-year European ban.

Tebas is a long-time critic of City’s funding model and has accused both them and Paris St-Germain of ‘financial doping’ in the past.

“We have to reassess whether the Cas is the appropriate body to which to appeal institutional decisions in football," he said. "Switzerland is a country with a great history of arbitration, the Cas is not up to standard.”

Notable last line there:

The final award with reasons will be published on the CAS website in a few days.

That's a pretty fast turnaround is it not.
Not really - they've trailed the date of the announcement for a good while, and must have known at the end of the hearing how it was going. We've assumed it was a 3-0 win at CAS but if it was 2-1 (UEFA nominated one judge, as did we) it might be they're running the wording past the dissenting judge - or they're running it past City's lawyers...

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.