CAS judgement: UEFA ban overturned, City exonerated (report out p603)

Those quotes from Tebas only serve to hammer home how personal this has been from the very beginning. CAS are impartial, he doesn’t like the truth so wants someone else to be the arbiter of truth instead. It was a cartel-led witch hunt, nothing more nothing less.

Yep, terrific job gents. I can only imagine how much work and research you all did. Hugely appreciated by everyone.

Also, well done to all those Blues who kept the faith as well, whilst, erm, some of us thought we’d lose. Thank you for your positivity throughout. I’ll have to give it a try some time.....

Alls well that ends well - sorry I had a pop the other week....you negative fucker!

So I don't want to get caught up in conspiracy chat, but I will say this case has really thrown up some mega problems in contemporary sports journalism. It was always a highly specific and complex case, and almost every major paper has been reporting on it based on feelings rather than a technical understanding of the accusations and responses. I don't think I've once seen someone say 'they're being prosecuted for something they've already been punished for, and the evidence that this should be retried is very, very light'.

Without derailing such a joyous thread (this might be one for the media thread), I agree and think it's a stark example of a wider trend in journalism.

Where once we had news (in its widest sense), now we have views. There's gotta be views in match reports because they must be subjective to avoid being a rolling transcript of who did what, and of course opinion pieces. But there's been so much opinion stuff masquerading as news reporting that it demeans what should be a noble craft.

So yeah. And FWIW, here's a subjective hot take, but anyone else getting the vibe from the UEFA statement that the wider (parent) organisation is "noting" the failings of its panels so it can start cleaning house? I know that's been speculated a lot on here over the last few months. Just found that wording interesting. But maybe I'm totally wrong.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.