CAS judgement: UEFA ban overturned, City exonerated (report out p603)

DSC_0137_med-res.width-320.jpg

True heroine.

It was the same the other week mate - he was being accused of all sorts of nasty shit, so much so the thread had to be pulled multiple times.

I’ll admit that I was a little concerned that he’d over-egged things a bit on Friday, but on reflection I actually think he downplayed things a bit. I can’t say that for sure because I don’t know who told him what, but last night I heard a story that the staff at City were told on Friday that we’d won the case but the club couldn’t say anything publically due to the embargo. The info wasn’t limited to just a few people either, which may explain why the likes of Cheesy were tipped off. Remember though that Ian wasn’t even the first - @PistonBlue posted on here before Cheesy’s tweet that he’d heard the result was in and that if it was true then we’ll all be happy come Monday.

I would also add that it might explain why the likes of TH and Ric hadn’t heard anything. I’d imagine their sources are higher up at City and therefore more likely to be tight-lipped whereas some of the staff further down the line are perhaps more likely to let it slip to family and friends.
Which if true (and I`m not saying it isn`t) would also vindicate those of us who clearly stated that City would have been notified well in advance of the 9.30 am CAS delivery.

Well done, not that there is anything really to applaud City for.....well maybe for actually showing UEFA up as biased/corrupt or many other words.
Do quite admire the quiet knowing confidence of the owners waiting to stick it to UEFA in such a high profile way

The lid has just been lifted off the smear campaign against our Club. Now anyone with the ability to think for themselves will be able to see the poisonous under-currents and vested interests manipulating European football. The noose just tightened around the scrawny necks of those responsible for this reprehensible, clear and orchestrated attack on our Club.

I think We always accepted that we had not fully co-operates with UEFA. It was a clear and deliberate tactical decision. We were not banned for failing to cooperate. We were banned for breaching FFP financial rules. We were exonerated from that entirely. Hence prevailing party. If the only element of fault found by Uefa was a lack of cooperation we would not have even pursued a claim to CAS.

Yes, I know that. The question was about costs. In the proceedings I have been involved in, for one party to be awarded full costs, they have to "win" the whole of their case. I think we "lost" this, albeit minor, part.

The award against us relates to non-co-operation so our arguments as to why we didn't co-operate have not been accepted. I can't remember, though, whether the appeal to CAS included that element.

It was the same the other week mate - he was being accused of all sorts of nasty shit, so much so the thread had to be pulled multiple times.

I’ll admit that I was a little concerned that he’d over-egged things a bit on Friday, but on reflection I actually think he downplayed things a bit. I can’t say that for sure because I don’t know who told him what, but last night I heard a story that the staff at City were told on Friday that we’d won the case but the club couldn’t say anything publically due to the embargo. The info wasn’t limited to just a few people either, which may explain why the likes of Cheesy were tipped off. Remember though that Ian wasn’t even the first - @PistonBlue posted on here before Cheesy’s tweet that he’d heard the result was in and that if it was true then we’ll all be happy come Monday.

I would also add that it might explain why the likes of TH and Ric hadn’t heard anything. I’d imagine their sources are higher up at City and therefore more likely to be tight-lipped whereas some of the staff further down the line are perhaps more likely to let it slip to family and friends.

Podcast wars ?

Got a funny feeling that Leicester/Chelsea dropping points and ManUtd within reach of top 4 is related to the judgement. We know how desperate the UEFA tw*ts want the rags in their competition.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.