CAS judgement: UEFA ban overturned, City exonerated (report out p603)

Woke up multiple times last night... I'm in the states now so when I woke up at 5AM here time... I knew I couldn't get back to sleep knowing the decision was in. Got up and honestly had to prepare myself for the worst... milled around for a few. Had to decide where to go for the news... Opened up this forum and immediately saw the thread "... City exonerated." What a start to a week. Love this forum and this team.
CTID!!!!
GO YOU F##KING BLUES!!!!!!

DSC_0137_med-res.width-320.jpg
When you look at her profile page in the future it'll may even have this case listed on her achievements. City going down in legal history as a winner would look great.

Yes, I know that. The question was about costs. In the proceedings I have been involved in, for one party to be awarded full costs, they have to "win" the whole of their case. I think we "lost" this, albeit minor, part.

The award against us relates to non-co-operation so our arguments as to why we didn't co-operate have not been accepted. I can't remember, though, whether the appeal to CAS included that element.
Arbitration is all about prevailing party whereas open court will look at the percentage of win to decide costs, it’s normally a case of who has prevailed. The cooperation or lack of it was never the main argument. Hence City are prevailing party. I cannot Say however what CAS would accept as reasonable costs but suspect it will be more than the £75 @gordondaviesmoustache makes in Shrewsbury County Court...

We played the long game , UEFA demanded certain documents , it appears we failed to provide this information hence the non co-operation charge , we had the info we knew we were in the right and instead of taking another "pinch" we provoked UEFA into banning and fining us.Knowing all along we had the evidence to refute all charges
Khaldonn and Soriano have played a blinder , we have made UEFA look fools along with most of the media , the risk was damaging our reputation , which it possibly has but a price worth paying to once and for all clear our club of any fraud or cheat claims.
Opposition fans giving it large on forums are irrelevant , a lot of hot air that will get them nowhere.
Our club has dominated English football for nearly a decade , here's to the next ten years.

I think we felt we had no choice but go to CAS.

UEFA were out to get us.

Unfortunately our reputation took am unavoidable hit in the short term as collateral.

I am just glad the Club decided to take the route it did.

we had already reluctantly given the UEFA mafia protection money.

Then UEFA moved the Goal Posts again, especially to fuck us over.

Don't think they would have wanted our name dragged through the media mud for months and a £9m fine, just to get back at them.

Our name has been dragged through mud for years , what's afe more months ? As for the £9m fine that is chicken feed compared to what UEFA would want from us every couple of years , they were like blackmailers every few years a jumped up charge and a £50m fine. This has now prevented UEFA blackmailing us , they will think twice about targeting our club again.

The lid has just been lifted off the smear campaign against our Club. Now anyone with the ability to think for themselves will be able to see the poisonous under-currents and vested interests manipulating European football. The noose just tightened around the scrawny necks of those responsible for this reprehensible, clear and orchestrated attack on our Club.

Talking of scrawny necks. I bet John Henry isn't too happy today .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.