CAS judgement: UEFA ban overturned, City exonerated (report out p603)

What are you on above? I'm saying they knew in advance.

Tolmie said they didn't know when they turned up to work.

I'm saying there is a lot of time between them turning up to work and publishing a statement at 9.29.

I'm saying there is a lot of time between them turning up to work and publishing a statement at 9.29.
In any event, they probably had two statements prepared, one for a positive outcome and one for a negative result.

In any event, they probably had two statements prepared, one for a positive outcome and one for a negative result.

also even though it was time stamped 9:29 it was not available or didn’t show up till about 9:32

Whilst I agree the outcome is all that matters, my original post was more out of shock/respect that City and Pep were inwardly nervous at the outcome right until the announcement.

Its a possibility that City are briefing they had no idea of the result as a courtesy to CAS.

Not having it that a result of this nature and the subsequent media attention it would receive worldwide wasn't given to both parties in advance so that lawyers could brief on media releases.

That opinion ties in with those on here who have experience of arbitration and the law.

Im not privy to what may have transpired beforehand, only the assertion that the senior personnel did not know the verdict and the nerves were very much real.

I would not know as to your knowledge on actual legal process beforehand.
CAS processes R58. A list of applicable law/regulations is provided to the parties he week before the award that can be validated by both parties. Any lawyer worth his salt can identify what the result will be from this.
If you read up about previous CAS appeals, it becomes clear from this as to what the final judgement will probably be.

I don't buy into the theory the top brass didn't know, before arriving at work.

Just my opinion based on CAS rules and regs and things PR has said.

Think they mean publish as in terms of handing over the emails to Uefa.

I had heard a while back that all Uefa possibly had were the stolen emails and spoke with Prestwich Blue about it at the time.

It always felt like this was the case; and that in forcing this through they believed more would be disclosed that nailed city - unfortunately I think it was a gamble that backfired. This was evident from the change from the clubs usually mild mannered approach to a bullish approach.

Our owners are not gamblers at heart, if we had been guilty we would have seen a deal done so I was always more towards the confident side on this entire case.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.