CAS judgement: UEFA ban overturned, City exonerated (report out p603)

I agree, I don't see any way round that City did not comply with the UEFA reg on co-operation. Wasn't there was something about why Pearce and other witnesses were not available with no explanation?
Yes that was one of the points that CAS made re the non-cooperation fine.

I don't see how CAS, as a court of appeal and arbitration, could be seen to condone or validate non-cooperation with a governing body, regardless of the reasons. It would just set a potentially bad precedent for other cases.

I agree, I don't see any way round that City did not comply with the UEFA reg on co-operation. Wasn't there was something about why Pearce and other witnesses were not available with no explanation?
Yeah UEFA asked for a bunch of meetings with City big wigs including Pearce and Khaldoon. Soriano turned up with a bunch of suits. Pearce's testimony at CAS was important so CAS kicked off and said he should have been available to UEFA.

Now that this is done, where does this leave the UEFA disciplinary and investigatory process?

David Conn is busy trying to bolster the UEFA prosecution, but its hopeless. David Conn himself had reported that the Etihad sponsorship of Manchester City was underwritten by the UAE state, something that Prestwich Blue had established. City had long suspected that the email trail released by Der Spiegel was understandable in terms of state support of Etihad Airways and their sponsorship of Manchester City, and the documents released by the Open Skies investigation confirmed this.

The UEFA case was demonstrably weak. We had puzzled for months wondering what else UEFA had, and how their case had got through two UEFA investigatory chambers generating a draconian ban. Was there as smoking gun? In the end they had nothing.

UEFA's authority is weakened. I am not sure if this is a good thing because the G14 clubs, who were probabaly responsible for the lynch mob atmosphere in the first place, are not going to go away.

The G14 clubs manipulated financial regulations to protect their power. They tried to ensnare City, and they have used every political means to blacken our name, and they have ultimately failed.

This is not all good because they are not going to go away. UEFA is now compromised before them and weak. It's not in our interests that football fall apart but I think there's a real possibility now of opportunistic breakaways which could destroy the game.

How disappointing is it that the media have entirely focused on Manchester City and allowed UEFA and the G14's activities to go un-scrutnised? What now for the journalists who devoted a good portion of their lives towards this case? Good football people, who trusted and relied on their expertise, will put some distance between them and this discredited group, and so they should.

I hope in a few days time, City will issue a statement or give a susbstantial interview setting down our version of events so that history can truly reflect what has really just gone down because to date all that is in the public domain is what has been put there by a small group who have been pursuing a vendetta at the behest of a large group of privileged football clubs and league associations.
Next milestone for me is Khaldoon’s interview. That video will be like a drug, can’t wait.

Now that this is done, where does this leave the UEFA disciplinary and investigatory process?

David Conn is busy trying to bolster the UEFA prosecution, but its hopeless. David Conn himself had reported that the Etihad sponsorship of Manchester City was underwritten by the UAE state, something that Prestwich Blue had established. City had long suspected that the email trail released by Der Spiegel was understandable in terms of state support of Etihad Airways and their sponsorship of Manchester City, and the documents released by the Open Skies investigation confirmed this.

The UEFA case was demonstrably weak. We had puzzled for months wondering what else UEFA had, and how their case had got through two UEFA investigatory chambers generating a draconian ban. Was there as smoking gun? In the end they had nothing.

UEFA's authority is weakened. I am not sure if this is a good thing because the G14 clubs, who were probabaly responsible for the lynch mob atmosphere in the first place, are not going to go away.

The G14 clubs manipulated financial regulations to protect their power. They tried to ensnare City, and they have used every political means to blacken our name, and they have ultimately failed.

This is not all good because they are not going to go away. UEFA is now compromised before them and weak. It's not in our interests that football fall apart but I think there's a real possibility now of opportunistic breakaways which could destroy the game.

How disappointing is it that the media have entirely focused on Manchester City and allowed UEFA and the G14's activities to go un-scrutnised? What now for the journalists who devoted a good portion of their lives towards this case? Good football people, who trusted and relied on their expertise, will put some distance between them and this discredited group, and so they should.

I hope in a few days time, City will issue a statement or give a susbstantial interview setting down our version of events so that history can truly reflect what has really just gone down because to date all that is in the public domain is what has been put there by a small group who have been pursuing a vendetta at the behest of a large group of privileged football clubs and league associations.
Patience Padawan, I suspect that things are afoot following our couple of meetings with Ceferin. Surely there must be changes in UEFA now with the likes of Leterme toast. We also won't have a clue on what City are planning until Kool Hand speaks, who may give us a hint or two.

Interesting ? Surely that’s exactly what we were accused of and exactly was CAS found that we didn’t do....
He's just stating what the AC accused us of; however he is again focusing on something we've been cleared of.
It's almost as though if they keep saying it the judgement will some how magically disappear.
In summary there's nothing interesting about what he's tweeted.

I guess, but I think CAS have taken out all of the cynicism and scepticism that we hold towards UEFA and just look at it in plain black and white, hence the whole narrative of "if we'd co-operated from the start we wouldn't have got that far", even though we know we would have because UEFA would have screwed us by any means necessary. I think they've parked that whole side of things because of the ongoing Ethics investigation (Which may lead to those reforms) but means they've looked at it on a factual basis without giving proper weight to the underlying narrative. That's just my impression, but I don't think it's anything we could really overturn, nor would we really want to go back through all that. I think at best we would get a reduction of a fine but that would end up being immaterial to a) the narrative and b) us as a club, I think we just have to take it on the chin as the price needed to be paid to get UEFA in a forum where we could present the facts.
Let's look at it another way. Der Spiegel publish 6 emails, one of which has been doctored and all of which have been stolen. We always refused to acknowledge the veracity of those emails, on the grounds that they were stolen. We clearly felt, on legal advice, that we had good grounds for refusing to co-operate on the grounds of "fruit of the poisoned tree".

Let's suppose that Der Spiegel had published some completely fictitious emails, including one allegedly from Sheikh Mansour saying he'd pay the money for the Etihad sponsorship. UEFA arrive at the Etihad demanding to investigate. We could say the emails are fictitious and they'd say "Prove it". To do so, we'd have to let them have access to all our emails in order to prove that the ones they have were fictitious and simply didn't exist. It's a complete nonsense.

The emails were stolen. Der Spiegel published them and claimed public interest although they knew some related to a period either prior to FFP and we know now that some relate to periods that were time-barred and/or covered by our 2014 settlement agreement. We had every right not to co-operate, otherwise it sets a precedent that anyone can manufacture an email, get it published in the media then demand access to legitimate evidence on the basis of that fake email.

I'm convinced the club will take this further. Clause 56 is written so widely that it's almost impossible not to fall foul of it even for the most minor infractions. We had a legitimate right not to co-operate in my opinion and we should defend that.

Last edited:
Post of the thread!
Simon Jordon back on Talksport today ! Two weeks ago he said f City didn't get off on a technicality he'd apologise to us on air ! He was going to read the full CAS report first ! Not a mention as yet would seem since it's been clear we won fair and and square the crooked media have decided not mention a thing about us !! Either been warned off that anymore of twisting the truth will be liable or as any comments would have to be positive they choosing to say nothing !! What a bunch off arse holes !

I made a thread, amazingly it seems to have taken off and people like it. If you have a spare 3 mins, feel free to give it a read. Just my observations based on the facts of the 93 page report. No agenda bullshit

Excellent that pal, well done.
Amazing that once again, City fans are running absolute rings around people who are paid a salary to understand and present this stuff to the public in a balanced and accurate manner.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.