CAS judgement: UEFA ban overturned, City exonerated (report out p603)

Der Spiegel's obsession with us seems faintly ridiculous.

If you imagine it the other way round, it would be like (say) the Daily Telegraph spending years trying to bring down Bayer Leverkusen.

You'd just think: why ?
It’s orchestrated by individuals of a certain club or clubs,what was the statement the club released way back when the first batch of hacked emails were released by Der Spiegel ?

And that’s why we should have told Bayern to do one with Sane. Transfer goes through, we get cleared and suddenly this. Absolute snakes.

The Executive Affairs Authority is an agency of the Executive Council & it's headed up by Khaldoon Al Mubarak. It acts as an umbrella for a number of committees that provide strategic advice to ADEC. Simon Pearce is a key member of the EAA but it would seem that ADEC ultimately provided the additional funding that Etihad paid us. However powerful Pearce is, it won't be him who signs contracts for sponsorship. But he seems to have been the go-between for ADEC, via the EAA. That's why all this stuff casting doubts on his honesty is nonsense.

Think of it like a solicitor who acts for you when you're buying or selling a house. They don't negotiate with the other party (apart from on any instructions you give them) or arrange your mortgage but they deal with the money on your behalf. The money goes through their accounts and they arrange to get it to you or the other party but they haven't applied for your mortgage on your behalf.

So when Pearce is saying "I owe you £80m" (or whatever it was Etihad needed) he's presumably arranging for ADEC to source those funds. Arranging a movement of cash from one party to another is different from arranging a whole set of contracts. He said he didn't do the latter at CAS and I doubt he was lying. CAS certainly believed him.

ADUG is Sheikh Mansour's private company, through which he bought City and has a majority stake in CFG.
That's perfect, thank you for that Colin. Makes a lot more sense now. And also shows how it's absurd for anyone to suggest it's evidence of equity funding disguised as sponsorship. It has sod all to do with ADUG. Whilst Der Spiegel are trying to use it to suggest perjury, many in the media/Twitter will also suggest it's evidence of financial irregularity. It plainly isn't.

Last edited:
Der Spiegel certainly has some more emails against City. none of these emails put City in good light lets be honest.

Cannot believe that when Liverpool hacked us we did really accept 1m fee to sweep the whole thing under the carpet.

Can you imagine if its the other way around, and City would have hacked Liverpool, this story would have been non stop in media and if we offer 1m to them to keep the case quiet they would have laid it out for the media as a bribery to damage us more.

Our reputation has been damaged a lot, and quite simply even after CAS decision the media is 95%- to 5% still running cheaters/guilty/got off stories.

Imagine now what it would be like if CAS says 2 years ban is official...

Another thing! When batting away dickheads there is little or no point explaining the CAS ruling, no point in arguing at all. Instead say I know you won’t listen to me so read this from xxx. I’ve done it with dippers, posted links to the scouser Echo that detailed in black and white their £89m breach of FFP for the first reporting period 2011-2014. when we get the empty seats shit, I post pictures of empty stands in Trafford, the Liverpool Echo asking how LFC can fill the 2000 empty seats at every home game etc.
Please can you post the links for future reference!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.