CAS judgement: UEFA ban overturned, City exonerated (report out p603)

Point them to this article. They might struggle as it doesn't have a lot of pictures though. He's a barrister and not, as far as I'm aware, a City fan.

https://www.footballlaw.co.uk/articles/mcfc-v-uefa-rubbish-in-rubbish-out

Wow. Another worthy addition to the several excellent summaries of the CAS report findings already on this forum.

The background to the City ownership, sponsors and the FFP case against City with the CAS findings and a damming conclusion against UEFA. Authored by a third party so no accusations of partisanship. Based on fact with what could be described as "irrefutable evidence" and hard to argue against unless you lack reading and comprehension abilities.

I am trying to widen my perspective when looking at everything which is going on.

Everything which is currently happening is perfectly logical from a historic perspective.

Ray Dalio has been publishing articles and encouraging people to look in this manner with his work on the 'changing world order' and a similar thing is certainly happening in football. When the existing elite are threatened by a rising power, they use protectionist measures to maintain their advantage. Dalio states that in these situations the eventual result is often war or large-scale conflict, which appears to be the present situation regarding City and the widespread media and institutional attacks.

In this context, the current media attacks must be considered organised and planned. This is a relatively cheap way of maintaining power and attacking the rising power. Presently there appears to be a campaign to cast doubt on the validity of City's CAS appeal. I can not help thinking that certain journalists are being heavily influenced and briefed!
To take the German military theme further, a German strategist described "war as the continuation of politics by other means". I suspect there's a small group acting in concert but they don't need to be briefed. They are effectively acting in the interest of rival clubs but they are not puppets, they are motivated by the English liberals distaste for the Arab Sheikh. Unfortunately for the Western missionary, the native decided that Einstein and Maxwell had more to offer than the holy ghost, and they're now building spaceships to Mars and nuclear power stations whilst Research England has a partner in Mubadala.

I’m off to Hamburg in December for a few nights and it just so happens that Der Spiegel have an office near my hotel.

I might torch the fucking place!
Watch out. Der spiegel might publish this revelation in its comic and then you could be investigated by the secret police and charged, sentenced and imprisoned. You must be guilty of arson, even if there is no fire at the Der Spiegel offices? Isn't that the logic of the media?

I'm not clued up on all this. What's the best retort to the rags who are saying something dodgy has definitely happened and there is no agenda?

I've already gone down the fuck off you rag ****s route. I want something more informed and articulated.

Fuck off, you Rag cnut should be sufficient for all scenarios.

Why try harder?

This particular chapter in this sorry saga is over.

We should never lose sight of the fact that this case was not the war, it was a skirmish, it was not the cause of our ills, just a symptom.

The motivations behind this ludicrous attack remain intact, everything City does now will be presaged on three things....

1. Is what we want so diametrically opposed to what our competitors want, that there is no area of acceptability, a compromise position where all parties can go away with something positive for their stakeholders.

2. If there is no area of acceptability, how strong are we in relation to the forces pitched against us?

3. What will our competitors do next.

I'm not clued up on all this. What's the best retort to the rags who are saying something dodgy has definitely happened and there is no agenda?

I've already gone down the fuck off you rag ****s route. I want something more informed and articulated.

"I am not trying to make you believe me, I am here to highlight your ignorance even in the face of the facts" paste CAS document, leave it at that.

They can read it or be ignorant, they won't read it, but you've made your point with facts.

@projectriver not doing a write up. He has no need. I've not said it recently but thanks for your brilliant work on this. Saw yesterday that some on here yesterday were having a pop as well. Pathetic.

From the linked article the final section is brilliant and particularly the last paragraph I've bolded:

Significance of the CAS Decision

Following the release of the CAS Decision news reporters and fans were decrying “the end of FFP”. The CAS Decision does not signify that. More particularly, despite the CAS Panel’s comments on the drafting of the limitation period stated in article 37 PRCFCB, there is nothing negative stated about UEFA’s CLFFPR or its procedures. The CAS Decision, if anything, is a rousing call for clubs to give greater support and cooperation to the CFCB when it is the subject of an investigation or charge under the CLFFPR and PRCFCB.

On the point of article 37 PRCFCB – although UEFA will not see it this way considering the overall outcome – it is welcomed that there is now some clear authority on the interpretation of the same. Whilst I would agree with Professor Jack Anderson’s comment that the CAS Panel’s interpretation of article 37 PRCFCB included ‘no reference to previous CAS cases, Swiss law or comparative law’, the interpretation provided by the CAS Panel, in this author’s opinion, is fitting. UEFA may adopt such an interpretation in future editions of the PRCFCB, or may draft a limitation clause to reflect the AC Decision and UEFA’s submissions to the CAS Panel (i.e. that time stops on the date the IC opens its investigation, not when a referral decision is issued as decided by the CAS Panel).

Nevertheless, in this author’s opinion, having now read the CAS Decision, this entire dispute appears over-hyped and demonstrative of an element of desperation from UEFA to pin a charge on MCFC. The absence of cogent evidence from UEFA / the CFCB is astounding and this author is in disbelief that the AC Decision, let alone the Referral Decision, was made on the basis of the evidence available. Neither the CAS nor the purpose and aim of the CLFFPR should be undermined for the CFCB’s decision to proceed with a case that could not be properly proved. Admittedly, however, one upshot of that could be that clubs will be even more vigilant in ensuring their compliance with the CLFFPR to avoid being ardently pursued by UEFA.

Thanks. I will probably do a reflections piece including where Uefa went wrong but the bulk of an explanatory piece would be so similar to this as to be pointless. Of course if Der Spiegel keep going I will try and explain if each email is an issue or not. I am comfortable that they are "nots" so far for reasons on my Twitter timeline. I did reach out to FootballLaw on his original piece - Villa fan.

Point them to this article. They might struggle as it doesn't have a lot of pictures though. He's a barrister and not, as far as I'm aware, a City fan.

https://www.footballlaw.co.uk/articles/mcfc-v-uefa-rubbish-in-rubbish-out

Thanks for that mate, as much as anything, it shows why Projectriver held back the bunting and party poppers throughout, we can see from that, how even extremely knowledgeable and learned individuals can have a different interpretation of even the slightest detail involved.

Watch out. Der spiegel might publish this revelation in its comic and then you could be investigated by the secret police and charged, sentenced and imprisoned. You must be guilty of arson, even if there is no fire at the Der Spiegel offices? Isn't that the logic of the media?
I’m surprised that none of them has pointed out that the queen mother may have shot JFK, as we haven’t seen any concrete evidence that she was somewhere else at the time!
Or that the titanic must still be afloat as there is patently more of the Atlantic Ocean outside her than inside.
Obvious really!

Morning all, just did a quick circuit of the papers and none have picked up the Guardians latest piece of shit from Der Nazi. The tossers at Nazi have basically been made to look cuunts, they had the mother load that turned into a damp squib. The world moves on, fuck off Nazi.
Lode.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.