CAS judgement: UEFA ban overturned, City exonerated (report out p603)

There is a major difference to what should be happening now, compared to what happened before Mondays verdict. Previously, it was all tit-for-tat...

Media: "City are cheats"
City: "No we are not"
Media: "Yes you are"

blah, blah, blah and on it goes.

All that should have changed with the verdict. There was no more "debate" to be had. City are innocent and this should have been rammed down everyones throat with a statement on the website as soon as the verdict was announced. What did we do? "Thanks for that guys, cheers, nice one". Pathetic.

This has led to the ridiculous narrative that City are not innocent but are in fact guilty but let off on a technicality. With these absolute fuckers, it is clear it is kill or be killed situation. On Monday we could have ripped the head off the beast, what did we do? Gave them a little pat on the head and thanked them for a good game.
Wait until the full report is published and see what we do,as I just said to someone else,the media are not going to back down and say we were wrong after years of attacking the club every day for years,pep called everyone out on Tuesday !

I was just about to question Tolmie on that as I believe the wording will not change the narrative at all. Surely if CAS have said what he is implying there is no way UEFA would agree to having the reasons published?
It's not up to UEFA though, both parties have to request to confidentiality and I can't see City agreeing to that ;)

I was just about to question Tolmie on that as I believe the wording will not change the narrative at all. Surely if CAS have said what he is implying there is no way UEFA would agree to having the reasons published?

The problem is, we are all hoping that the full account is going to show everything in our favour. It wont and from what we have learned over the past 48 hours, it need only mention that we were guilty of something (no matter how trivial) and that will be the section of the report that will be pounced upon by the media.

It will certainly address the non-cooperation piece of which we are guilty and if there is even the slightest hint that there was any time-barred items, we will be absolutely ripped to shreds on it.

UEFA already look like clowns, I doubt the report can do them any further harm. For us? I am not so sure.

Rival fans are clinging on to the Time barred theory. I know UEFA have tripped themselves up over this. Ignoring the Time barred suggestion was we guilty beforehand? I know we got punished and took a pinch but was this to appease UEFA and hope they’d go away ? Or was we definitely in the wrong ?? (I know goal posts were moved during this time so just need reminding on the specifics )

Look, it has played out. The entire footballing world held their breath over the weekend when it was announced the decision was coming on Monday, and then they got their explanation spoon fed to them and they've moved on from "what happened?" mode.

The full award would need to include sections on why Rick Parry was dancing naked during the CAS hearing screaming racist nursery rhymes to recapture the attention of the audience and make them pay attention again and change their minds.

I'm not hysterical, i'm not even that miserable, just resigned to the fact the club's not controlled this well and that regardless of the intricacies of why we didn't get banned, it's a huge PR defeat.

well, it comes across as hysterical hyperbole, and if that's your view then that you had impossible expectations of what was going to happen on Monday and what the club could have done about it.

I think you are right mate.

The only way to stop this shit is to go after them legally.

These fuckers would rather give up a Limb voluntarily,before issuing an apology.
Most of the gobshites have only posted there contempt on their own blogs or the internet, even Dsn Roen was careful of his wording on the BBC report , they know they will be liable if they step over the mark this includes both Klopp and Mourinho, as for Kitson how many people know who this plonker is !

well, it comes across as hysterical hyperbole, and if that's your view then that you had impossible expectations of what was going to happen on Monday and what the club could have done about it.

I don't think it was an impossible expectation to think the club had learned from the past 12 years that staying silent wouldn't work.

Rival fans are clinging on to the Time barred theory. I know UEFA have tripped themselves up over this. Ignoring the Time barred suggestion was we guilty beforehand? I know we got punished and took a pinch but was this to appease UEFA and hope they’d go away ? Or was we definitely in the wrong ?? (I know goal posts were moved during this time so just need reminding on the specifics )
we submitted our accounts thinking we had passed ffp when UEFA decided to alter the rules thus we fell short

Yes there is a lot of mileage in that. If UEFA knew there wasn't a cat in hells chance of winning then the questions have to be asked why the case was ever brought. Even worse why they had the audacity to hand down a two year ban based on flimsy evidence if it wasn't to damage our reputation.

I have thought about this.

That punishment was so extreme,even i started doubting,thinking we must be seriously banged to rights.

Maybe they wanted to damage the brand.

They wanted neutrals to automatically assume serious guilt,by issuing an unprecedentedly harsh sentence.

That sentence would not have even reflected the crime,had a crime been proven.

It was like hanging someone for stealing an Apple.

How much of this campaign was controlled by Parry,Gill, i wonder.

I don't think it was an impossible expectation to think the club had learned from the past 12 years that staying silent wouldn't work.

we didn't stay silent. We released our statement and briefed appropriate media. You were hardly going to get Khaldoon or Soriano coming out with video statements without the full report to back them up. Nor, would those statements have had much larger hearing than the way the media have portrayed anything that has been said, they've cherry-picked what they want the narrative to be throughout.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.