CAS judgement: UEFA ban overturned, City exonerated (report out p603)

I was very surprised by the way the referee handled the game last night. I really thought he would be blowing up for every little time we went near a Real Madrid player. This was probably the best referee we have had for a European tie.

He stopped about 5 of our attacks, in good positions, for nothing & conveniently 'missed' advantage opportunities, plus an elbow in the back, in the box.

If the rules of a club you wanted to join said no women, Jews/Muslims/Catholics, people of colour, etc would you just shrug your shoulders and say "Well that's their business and the law doesn't come in it"? I don't think so.

Lawyers often advise their clients to say nothing and not cooperate. We couldn't have known at the time that UEFA investigated us in March 2019 that CAS in June 2020 would find the stolen emails admissible.
  • Stefan said that Article 56 is so widely drafted that virtually anything that delayed an investigation could be deemed in breach.
  • I don't know exactly what the legal grounds were for refusing to cooperate but I'd guess there was a genuine legal argument that the "criminally obtained" emails were not admissible.
  • I very much doubt that firms ax reputable as Pinsent Mason or Freshfields would be open to a bung to lie their heads off
CAS said UEFA felt they had genuine grounds to open their investigation, even if their evidence was weak and insufficient to bring home their even, even to a lower standard than "beyond reasonable doubt", so why didn't they similarly think we had genuine grounds to refuse to incriminate ourselves?
Trying to compare rules enforcing cooperation with LAWS of discrimination is very misguided.

Any rule that does not contradict a law is allowed as a term and condition of a legal contract.

We agreed to cooperate, we didn't, END OF.

Trying to compare rules enforcing cooperation with LAWS of discrimination is very misguided.

Any rule that does not contradict a law is allowed as a term and condition of a legal contract.

We agreed to cooperate, we didn't, END OF.
Shame City didn't ask your advice than isn't it, instead of relying on legal experts. These bloody experts.

He stopped about 5 of our attacks, in good positions, for nothing & conveniently 'missed' advantage opportunities, plus an elbow in the back, in the box.

I thought over the two legs the referee was much better than the shite I witness in the premier league.

The elbow in the back could have been given, but I usually judge it against if it had been the other way round, and i would have been sick if given against us.

I would rather these refs than Moss or Oliver getting the next round, at least they seem fit and not gasping for breath after 5 minutes.

I thought over the two legs the referee was much better than the shite I witness in the premier league.

The elbow in the back could have been given, but I usually judge it against if it had been the other way round, and i would have been sick if given against us.

I would rather these refs than Moss or Oliver getting the next round, at least they seem fit and not gasping for breath after 5 minutes.

Officials have pretty much knocked us out of the competition the last 3 years.

The ref in the 1st leg was fine btw.

Officials have pretty much knocked us out of the competition the last 3 years.

I agree , but not in this tie. I thought he was ok, and i can only judge against those past ties.
I wouldn't mind taking that one on through the tournament, rather than those you mention from previous seasons.

I agree , but not in this tie. I thought he was ok, and i can only judge against those past ties.
I wouldn't mind taking that one on through the tournament, rather than those you mention from previous seasons.

I thought the 'fouls' he gave against Sterling etc were highly suss. He didn't give them any pens I suppose, but I can't think of much else he didn't favour them on.

I agree, in the first half he was shockingly obne sided with only one mistake in our favour against 5 in RMs. 2nd half there were a number of occasions he could have carded, stopped us, given things the other way. I think he's just shit tbh

Shame City didn't ask your advice than isn't it, instead of relying on legal experts. These bloody experts.
I never said they should have cooperated, why are you mis-quoting me ? My advice would have been the same as they did. Don't cooperate, accept a fine and win the challenge to the ban.

Nowhere in my comments have I said the club made errors in their approach to the CAS appeal. I'm just trying to explain IMHO why it was correct that we were fined. You're entitled to your opinion of why we shouldn't have been.

Shaun Goater: "#ManCity won this FFP case. No-one can say that what they've done in the last few years is wrong. My take is that City has an investor who wants to improve his business - he is looking to do that by investing in the academy and buying players..

Shaun Goater: "Other clubs have always done this, whether it is Man United, Leeds or whoever. Now, #ManCity has investors that have a lot of money and some of their rivals who have spent a lot of money themselves in the recent past don’t seem to like it.

Shaun Goater: “Man United have spent a lot of money on players in recent years and have not got to where they want to be, but the rest seem to be scared about #ManCity because they can spend big and get good players, but they should not apologise for that

And ratboy is a pussy ( I might have added that bit)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.