Cascarino: Robinho is expendable now and City will sell

Very strange piece, The man knows nothing about City. Why on earth would we want to offload Robinho when we are signing better players than we had last season to play alongside him..

Cascarino lays in the boot with Arsenal.

Cascarino: Arsenal line-up isn’t worthy of the arena

Tony Cascarino, a league veteran of over 600 top flight games for the likes of Chelsea, Aston Villa, Millwall and Marseille, believes the current Arsenal side is not good enough for the relatively new Emirates Stadium.

Writing in his regular column for the Times, the Republic of Ireland legend slammed the state of Arsenal’s current squad, suggesting they are not a patch on previous teams assembled by Wenger.

Cascarino told the Times: “Arsenal are a club in no-man’s-land unless Arsene Wenger makes some dramatic signings in this transfer window – and nothing so far has suggested that he will.”

“This is a strange and uncertain time for Arsenal.”

“It’s hard to be positive, which is bizarre for such a big club that is stable, has talented players and has known great success so recently.”

“When Arsenal moved to the Emirates Stadium it was a key moment in their plan to become the dominant London club. But where is the great team to match the great crowds?”

“The line-up isn’t worthy of the arena.”

“There’s a contrast between the theory and the reality because the transfer business isn’t in tune with the club’s status or ambitions.”

“There won’t be full houses at the Emirates in the years to come unless there’s a winning team on the pitch because fans who’ve been spoilt by the quality and success of Wenger’s teams won’t keep paying high ticket prices for an inferior product.”

“No matter what the manager says about this current squad having great ability, they’re not a patch on his title-winning sides and many of their performances last season were indifferent.”

“Anyway, it’s been so long without silverware that attractive football isn’t enough to placate supporters any more.”

“I disagree that Arsenal are an improving team.”

“Like England in past years, I don’t see a team of winners – I see a team that can be expected to reach the quarter-finals of tournaments each time but lacking the quality and mettle to do any better.”

“You’d have thought that the success of the Andriy Arshavin transfer would help Wenger realise the value of splashing out for stars in their prime, for the boost it provides to both team and fans.”

“Obviously not, to judge from his recent comments about not feeling in any hurry to buy again and insisting that the squad is strong enough to challenge.”

“It’d take the pressure off him – and place it on the board - if he was to admit that Arsenal just don’t have the finances to be competitive.”

“But he’s saying almost the opposite.”

There is a germ of truth to the article. I dont think we will sell him but I think its good that we will not have to indulge Robinho to the same extent this year. Hopefully no more jaunts to Brazil.

I could certainly see how in away matches against the better teams we might play two defensive midfielders and start Robinho on the bench. He should still get plenty of game time but occasionally it might be better to keep things tight early on and bring him on to make an impact in the second half.

Robinho will be at City the next 5 years.. No doubt.

We have better players now so that's makes it easier for him also

what the feck does tony cascarion know about MCFC or Robbie? Feck all based on the garbage you sprouts, fecking idiot

calcoopMCFC said:
i dont think he will be happy now that elano has gone
He's a professional, and more than anything he will want to play for a winning team.

Elano always looked for Robinho when he got the ball. They undoubtedly linked up well, but I wouldn't worry about Robinho. He's got the skill to take control of his destiny, and significantly this season we will have great players playing alongsde him.

What do the defenders do? Double-bank on Robinho, leaving Adebayor alone? He will benefit from knowing what the Premiership is all about, and from playing with better players. Robinho was our only forward who scored goals last season, and he became the No. 1 target for the opposition. No coach can afford to concentrate his defence on Robinho now

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.