Catering facilities changes in the south stand

Well iam quite happy to pass on everyone points after the first trial , as for vending machines caburys quite happy to install them but the council wont allow them.. fire hazard and block the concourse.
We did say beer only stands but other people didnt wanna queue for a pint then a pie..fair point tbh
Neil covered pre-pour beer saying its super chilled so it will still be cold @ ht

Just had this from city

1. Food Kiosk to offer 4 Pies, Burger, Chicken Burger, Hot dogs, Chips, Curry sauce, Gravy and a selection of crisps, confectionary, soft and hot drinks.

2. Beer bar to offer crisps, confectionary, 4 pies and Hotdogs

3. Beer bar to operate a pre pour system for half time to aid speed of service

4. Dedicate Food service, Beer dispense and Cashiers in the relevant two bars.

5. The same team of staff including team leader and section manager to work the two bars for the duration of the trial and for them to undergo in depth training before the Fulham fixture.

6. Quick fixes made to the work flow of the kiosks, this to include all relevant small ware equipment.

7. Kiosks to be fully branded including enhanced signage to improve the look and feel.

8. EPOS to be installed into each of the two kiosks.

9. Value for money meal deals to be in place on both bars.

WNRH said:
Vending machines for drinks crisp and chocolate would cut down the amount of queing.

Having machines where you can put £2 in the machine and do the drink yourself like they do in canteens or at Pizza Hut would cut the amount of queing.

Have bars just for beer with one pouring and the other taking orders and cash.

Have a section of the bar just for chips

Have a section of the bar just for Burgers, Pies and Hot dogs.

Make all the prices rounded up to the pound.

Make the prices reasonable.

All of the above would entice the majority of people to spend their money at the ground knowing they could que up, order, eat their food and drink their drink, have a chat and all in 15 mins.

What if you want burger and chips?

I suggested getting in a Mcdonalds or subway franchise in the last time the catering came up but now thinking about it, it wouldn't be financially viable for them as the equipment would be too expensive to fit out for each kiosk. Fo rexample, just the deli machine alone for Mcdonalds costs them £18,000. They would never make this type of money back by having customers for a couple of hours every fortnight.

I remember back at Maine Road in Kippax level 2 when you could order your bevs before kick off and pick them up at half time, it was very speedy.

I'm baffled as to why they don't have these multi-pour megapump things as they've been around for absolutely ages.

It really has to be having some staff taking orders and dealing with cash and some dishing out the beers, very simple system

117 M34 said:
WNRH said:
Vending machines for drinks crisp and chocolate would cut down the amount of queing.

Having machines where you can put £2 in the machine and do the drink yourself like they do in canteens or at Pizza Hut would cut the amount of queing.

Have bars just for beer with one pouring and the other taking orders and cash.

Have a section of the bar just for chips

Have a section of the bar just for Burgers, Pies and Hot dogs.

Make all the prices rounded up to the pound.

Make the prices reasonable.

All of the above would entice the majority of people to spend their money at the ground knowing they could que up, order, eat their food and drink their drink, have a chat and all in 15 mins.

I suggested getting in a Mcdonalds or subway franchise in the last time the catering came up but now thinking about it, it wouldn't be financially viable for them as the equipment would be too expensive to fit out for each kiosk. For example, just the deli machine alone for Mcdonalds costs them £18,000. They would never make this type of money back by having customers for a couple of hours every fortnight.

Burger King can kit out a full kitchen for £35k (equipment). Subways are fairly cheap equipment wise you can open a Subway franchise for £35k (but they decide where you can open). They could run limited menus to reduce amount of equipment and therefore reducing the cost. From an operations point of view they could staff it with staff from local restaurants, therefore not getting the agency staff we have to put up with most of the time and could use the managers from local restaurants - this would save in recruitment costs

In two hours a fast food restaurant with the volume of people at COMS could be looking at taking £4/5k at best so it would have to be a long term plan to return a reasonable profit.

Wasn't there a McD's in Anfield years ago? Is it still there?

Re: catering facilities in south stand

sheikys billions said:
BLUEMOONBAZ said:
Prices were mentioned and city are not adding the vat increase , bottles are not allowed the council and police wont allow them ...we all know why.
A lady brought the issue of burnt pies with cold centre,s up..they said they are aware of the problems .
Another meeting at the Stadium in March after the new trial,s have been given ago, but they said they want people to tell them if they have seen an improvement or not as well, and ideas on how we can improve things.
I'll carry on gettin me pies fron asda then for 50p than paying 3 notes

If I bought from Asda, could I give them to them the lads behind the bar and ask them to warm them up for me, for collection at half time. I'd write my name on the tin foil so they know they are for me, and not sell them ?

JoeMercer'sWay said:
why don't we get told about these meetings beforehand?

Well i will pass on anyone,s comments about the changes after the Fulham game.
If you pm or mail me you thoughts, if nobody says anything ..nothing changes and they want our comments especially the negative ones..

felixbg said:
if they want to speed things up in the ss should serve only large bottles like the ones at molyneux and sack the food off. the game is only 90mins, why cant people eat before the game or after. its not a picnic! should only do food in the 'family section' imo.

some people have to come straight from work, don't have time to stop off somewhere else and on night games not alot of places to go for food around stadium

Cashless tills is probably the best way to go, the main cause of the queues to me is waiting for your change and then you have to sort your life out putting it away and then carrying everything. Something like a prepayment card or similar would be good so they just scan your payment, could put money on using the website or like payment machines accepting cash outside the ground which credit your account. When i went to Dubai in this waterpark you paid for all your food by wristband, all they literally do is give you your food/drink you scan your wristband it beeps and your on your way.

They could even offer incentives like 10% discounts at the City shop when you spend 20 quid on food/drink, you could then use your payment card at the shop if you wanted too. Could even get a food credit on your card when you spend X amount at the shop and vice versa. For season ticket holders who are there every other week i think that would be brilliant.

itsnevereasy said:
117 M34 said:

I suggested getting in a Mcdonalds or subway franchise in the last time the catering came up but now thinking about it, it wouldn't be financially viable for them as the equipment would be too expensive to fit out for each kiosk. For example, just the deli machine alone for Mcdonalds costs them £18,000. They would never make this type of money back by having customers for a couple of hours every fortnight.

Burger King can kit out a full kitchen for £35k (equipment). Subways are fairly cheap equipment wise you can open a Subway franchise for £35k (but they decide where you can open). They could run limited menus to reduce amount of equipment and therefore reducing the cost. From an operations point of view they could staff it with staff from local restaurants, therefore not getting the agency staff we have to put up with most of the time and could use the managers from local restaurants - this would save in recruitment costs

In two hours a fast food restaurant with the volume of people at COMS could be looking at taking £4/5k at best so it would have to be a long term plan to return a reasonable profit.

Wasn't there a McD's in Anfield years ago? Is it still there?

I don't think traditionally people would want a Subway at the ground i'd much rather have a pie and a pint than a tuna butty. Subway make all their stuff from relatively fresh so it would take ages and that's just cold buttys. Plus with the ground being open for 3hrs a week maximum it's not really a good business idea.

I think it's a lost cause to be honest, the staff are shit and that's not going to change any time soon, half of them look like they don't know where they are. Pre poured drinks aren't going to work as you can guarantee someone will put a spanner in the works and demand to see their drink poured fresh, must be some kind of fetish.

My idea would be 10 stand alone beer pumps per bar which you put your money in and it then allows you a pint, like a coffee machine/supermarket self-service type thing. No doubt that would go tits up though.

100s of people trying to get served in a limited area within 15 minute slot is never going to be easy, I've long since given up on the catering and bars at the ground. Good luck City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.