Caught smoking in the ground

masterwig said:
The law makes it illegal to smoke in the stadium. The club has no choice but to enforce the law or face legal action itself.

I find it amazing that people can't go a couple of hours without smoking but having never been a smoker myself I suppose I wouldn't know how addictive it is.

the club cant enforce the law otherwise people would not be smoking in the toilets and its at every football ground in the country,the bogs cant have cctv,or stewards in there permanent it will allways be the only un policed part of the ground

i was waiting outside a cubicle with my son,who needed to go...the person inside was obviously having a cig...the guy in front of us turned round and said to his mate"fucking smokers,all i want to do is a quick line"....and i'm being serious...so where do you go with that????and before anyone posts it,it was'nt ricky hatton................

Last season though some people were nicked/ejected/banned for smoking on the spirals which imo is complete nonsense.

de niro said:
what makes this worse is it was the family stand, what the fuck makes anyone at anytime smoke around children, isee them smoking in their cars with kids in the back, i honestly for the life of me can't fathom that.i'd make it law that it is child abuse.

Yeah it's nearly as bad as them fuckers who get tanked up and go home and leather their kids and wife stupid.

marco said:
masterwig said:
The law makes it illegal to smoke in the stadium. The club has no choice but to enforce the law or face legal action itself.

I find it amazing that people can't go a couple of hours without smoking but having never been a smoker myself I suppose I wouldn't know how addictive it is.

the club cant enforce the law otherwise people would not be smoking in the toilets and its at every football ground in the country,the bogs cant have cctv,or stewards in there permanent it will allways be the only un policed part of the ground

I don't think that it is illegal to smoke in the stadium - only the enclosed areas, i.e. bogs, but spirals in theory should be excluded.

In the UK legislation banning smoking in enclosed public areas came into force in Scotland in March 2006, in Wales and Northern Ireland in April 2007, and in England in July 2007.

Enclosed and substantially enclosed premises

2.—(1) For the purposes of section 2 of the Act, premises are enclosed if they—

(a)have a ceiling or roof; and

(b)except for doors, windows and passageways, are wholly enclosed either permanently or temporarily.

(2) For the purposes of section 2 of the Act, premises are substantially enclosed if they have a ceiling or roof but there is—

(a)an opening in the walls; or

(b)an aggregate area of openings in the walls,

which is less than half of the area of the walls, including other structures that serve the purpose of walls and constitute the perimeter of the premises.

(3) In determining the area of an opening or an aggregate area of openings for the purposes of paragraph (2), no account is to be taken of openings in which there are doors, windows or other fittings that can be opened or shut.

(4) In this regulation “roof” includes any fixed or moveable structure or device which is capable of covering all or part of the premises as a roof, including, for example, a canvas awning.

This is probably why they still let people smoke on the spirals, as it's not illegal. If they chose to stop people smoking here it wouldn't be due to the law, but club "policy" perhaps.

marco said:
masterwig said:

I'd imagine making a show of one or two 'enforcements' is enough to appease the higher authorities.

Rammy Blue said:
Last season though some people were nicked/ejected/banned for smoking on the spirals which imo is complete nonsense.
imo,if they are on the spirals,they are outside,just like a pub....lets face it, watching city over the years,has been enough to make the pope smoke.

Was in the 111 toilets against Blackburn, as they're straight outside aisle 110, they're disgusting. Absolutely vile, think I'll head down a few blocks to the other toilets if it's gonna be that horrible.

It's almost impossible to catch anyone in there as it's so densely packed with dozens and dozens of people smoking it would be an intense physical work out to even catch the offender.

I know we've had this debate before and it wont change anything, but it's jut my opinion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.