Cavan Sullivan

I don't think it's an attitude problem, to be honest. Moreso an "American" or environment thing. If you look at AAU (Amateur Athletic Union) basketball, youth American football, etc. It is all about swagger, personality and showboating/shit-talking. He's just a product of that.

I think he'll be fine. He comes from a sporting family. He'll know how to be professional.

Yeah, but he's 14. I don't think he's allowed at City til he's 18 - plenty of time to grow up. If he does and he's good enough, he'll be with us and he'll have to continue proving himself. If he doesn't, that's that.

Just being wary also of reading too much into one incident. Admit it raises concerns, but that's all at this stage.

Nothing is determinative at 14 - whether it is the inability to grow out of an immature attitude or the guarantee of future success. Long way to go for him. Should be interesting ride.

However, people I know say scouts have been aware of his attitude for a long time which tells me he needs get out of the US when he can at 16 and be humbled on loan in Europe. And agree that none of this flies at City.

I agree the attitude is a concern and could be angin if he doesn't curb it, you need at least a small amount of arrogance to succeed though.

It defo seems very immature but what needs to be remembered is that Cavan Sullivan is still only 14... I guarantee most of us have done much stupider shit at that age, I've known kids that age whose attitude has completely flipped.
Ones that have gone from being completely arrogant to as humble as anyone I know while still succeeding, I've also known the most humble kids who became the most arrogant smarmy fuckers going for no reason.

Lots of things will happen in the next few years to shape the young man Cavan will become, we'll see how he gets on in the next couple years but I'd be surprised with his family despite his early promise, if he doesn't get told to curb it a bit which should keep his feet firmly on the ground.

Even if there's problems when it gets to him being old enough to train with our 1st team here and he's not good enough or a piss poor attitude, then we'll probably still make a good profit with him being seen as the great yank hype, that alone is of massive value so other teams will queue up to take him off us and take a chance on him.

No matter how he pans out he'll still turn out to be a profitable signing for us transfer wise or commercially, just as long as he doesn't turn into the new Mason Greenwood or owt we've probably not got owt to worry about.

If he's good enough he'll corb his attitude by the time he's here or shortly after and prosper, if not we make a tidy profit on the lad he's a win win signing no matter what.

That's how we roll.

Last edited:
Maybe I'm in the minority here but the lads going to need a touch of arrogant prick in him to be successful I feel. Getting lots of media attention and pressure at a young age. I'd rather give him credit for taking responsibility and delivering a good free kick that ended up in a goal. For all we know the manager put him on set pieces and his teammate was trying to assert seniority.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.