Cavan Sullivan

Fucking hell there are some overreactions on here after seeing one free kick, or are people aware of other stuff. All I saw there was him telling someone else that he was taking the free kick then saying 'that's why'. Good fucking Lord.

Fucking hell there are some overreactions on here after seeing one free kick, or are people aware of other stuff. All I saw there was him yelling someone else that he was taking the free kick then saying 'that's why'. Good fucking Lord.

I wouldn't mind, but they literally scored from it.

Had he not have done anything from the free kick, he would have probably looked a bit silly, but he's backed his own ability and delivered the goods. If anything that impressed me more.

There have been many players in the past and even in the present that have come or came across as bellends... Cristiano Ronaldo, Ibrahimovic, Mbappe, Neymar, Maradona etc.

Why are people so worried about a footballer having an arrogant edge to their game? Sometimes it's good to be different. It's good to have self belief in your own ability.

He's only 15. He's got the world at his feet. He's probably got so many people around him telling him how wonderful he is and how he's going to be a superstar. Not only that, but he's a very good looking young lad that looks like a young Justin Bieber. He's probably got all the girls around him too. I think a lot of the folk on this forum would have loved to be in his position right now. He could have it all.

Once he comes to Manchester City, he will be humbled... But right now... I don't think it's anything to worry about whatsoever. Let him be himself right now. Let him grow, let him develop, let him mature.

Much rather have an extremely talented cocky kid to work on than an angelic decent player.

If he progresses enough to get near our first team he'll be left in no doubt that it's all about the team.

Much rather have an extremely talented cocky kid to work on than an angelic decent player.
Not sure about that. Players have to be coachable and humble and often the so-called big fish doesn’t want to listen.

Let’s remember there’s only ever been a handful of players who’ve had the freedom to play as they wish like Messi.

This isn’t about Sullivan by the way, just replying to the comment about what type of player a coach would rather have.

I am sure City would have been totally aware of how coachable Sullivan is before signing him

There have been many players in the past and even in the present that have come or came across as bellends... Cristiano Ronaldo, Ibrahimovic, Mbappe, Neymar, Maradona etc.

Most of them were bellends after achieving great things but that's not really the best point to make. The better one is now list all the players who were bellends and DIDN'T make it, as a comparison. Because that list is longer than the maximum amount of characters allowed in a post on the forum. Framing a young player arguing with a senior player after a goal is scored instead of celebrating with teammates because he had the audacity to try to take a free kick is not a positive trait and there's no youth coach in the world who would claim it is.

There's a difference between having confidence in your own ability and being offended that someone else also has confidence in theirs.

The chances that he will be a world class player at 20 is lets say 5% just as a baseline. Almost zero players who are superstars at 14 go into that top echelon and as I say, that's nothing to do with his personality but to do with how football scouting works, how coaching works, how bodies change, injuries, etc. So he's on an uphill road anyway and playing senior football is a travesty of a decision for him at the best of times in terms of long term development. But the point is that these sort of actions don't make me think that that 5% is getting higher, rather the opposite. At his age, Ibra was considering quitting football altogether, Ronaldo was about the third best player in that youth system, Neymar was getting humbled every week in Brazil and Mbappe was still in the under 16s. It's nowhere near the same thing.

Talent is completely irrelevant for young players unless the attitude goes along with it. We've watched about 15 years of players who were older than him still fail to make it HERE because of that exact reason, this shouldn't be a controversial point. I don't see how anybody can claim this is a positive trait or that his actions shouldn't be taken of a reflection of, well, his actions.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.