Cavani & Falcao

Status
Not open for further replies.
CTID101 said:
mgreenz97 said:
At first I wanted Cavani most, but the more I've thought about it, I'd prefer Luis Suarez and certainly prefer Falcao.

Falcao is (in my opinion) the best striker in the world. His price tag would be around about or probably even less than Cavani's. He's playing in a much better league, and has scored more goals. I also doubt that Cavani will be able to perform in the Premier League because it is a much more difficult league, I also don't think he would perform as well without having a team built around him.
Liga BBVA is not better than Serie A.

Cavani has proven himself at CL level and domestic for longer than Falcao has as well.

Having the team built around him? All A.Madrid do is pass to Falcao, at Napoli they at least score goals through others like Hamsik, Pandev, Maggio and so on.

Cavani is the better all round striker than Falcao however Falcao is probably the better finisher. Dzeko is a superb finisher though he just doesn't have the rest of the attributes to his game that I think Cavani would bring.

La Liga certainly is better than Serie A. And watching Atletico, if you really pay attenion you will see that the team pretty much play based around Arda Turan.

And Mario has shown the gulf in class between the Serie A and the BPL, he scored one all season for us, and 2 on his debut for Milan.

mgreenz97 said:
CTID101 said:
mgreenz97 said:
At first I wanted Cavani most, but the more I've thought about it, I'd prefer Luis Suarez and certainly prefer Falcao.

Falcao is (in my opinion) the best striker in the world. His price tag would be around about or probably even less than Cavani's. He's playing in a much better league, and has scored more goals. I also doubt that Cavani will be able to perform in the Premier League because it is a much more difficult league, I also don't think he would perform as well without having a team built around him.

Cavani has proven himself at CL level and domestic for longer than Falcao has as well.

Having the team built around him? All A.Madrid do is pass to Falcao, at Napoli they at least score goals through others like Hamsik, Pandev, Maggio and so on.

Cavani is the better all round striker than Falcao however Falcao is probably the better finisher. Dzeko is a superb finisher though he just doesn't have the rest of the attributes to his game that I think Cavani would bring.

La Liga certainly is better than Serie A. And watching Atletico, if you really pay attenion you will see that the team pretty much play based around Arda Turan.

And Mario has shown the gulf in class between the Serie A and the BPL, he scored one all season for us, and 2 on his debut for Milan.

One game has shown you that?
You should be an Analyst on Wall Street.

Salford_Blue said:
mgreenz97 said:
CTID101 said:

Not just that game, that's just an example.
Mario has been playing as well as Cavani since he got there.

Cavani brings more to the table than Falcao , better everything really other than putting it in the onion bag !Dirty cheat Suarez is nt even half the player of these two !! Any student of the World game can see that Cavani is technically superb in all aspects of his role , where as Falcao just scores lots of goals full stop !

Re: Cavani & Falcao

mgreenz97 said:
Salford_Blue said:
mgreenz97 said:

After Mario scores 19 goals in 16 games then maybe we can agree.

I would love either of these two at City.

Cavani would of been my first choice for the reason being that I think Falcao is too similar to Agüero, Cavani on the other hand is a more versatile Dzeko, a target man who has fantastic work rate and will score you all types of goals.

The only issue with Cavani currently is his current goal drought, is the pressure of incoming transfers putting pressure on him or is the title race getting the better of him and the team.

What I am getting at is when the going gets tough, will Cavani come out fighting and scoring when we really need him?

My only other worry with him is will he be another Dzeko? Played like a beast for Wolfsburg but hit and miss at City? I don't know.

Falcao - whilst he has had his quiet moments and small goal droughts this season - is slowly becoming the player I would prefer, despite me thinking he is too similar to Agüero.

Falcao is the player now I think Sergio will become when he is 27, maybe better.

In terms of judging the leagues they are in, didn't Ibrahimovic come out last year and say Seria A is the best defensive league around? This comment is from a player who has played in both La Liga and Seria A.

mgreenz97 said:
Salford_Blue said:
mgreenz97 said:

I don't think that is showing the difference between the 2 leagues, its showing what Balotelli can do when he puts his mind too it. He supports AC and gives a shit about them. which he didn't seem to here.

Serie A typically has fewer goals than La Liga because it's more defensive and there have been about 50 fewer goals in Serie A than La Liga so far this season. So Cavani's goal total, despite his current goal drought (Van Persie only has 1 goal in the same number of games BTW - it happens, especially when the team as a whole are in poor form which Napoli are, unlike United), is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.