Tevez - 312 appearances - 119 goals - 38 assist

kabuverdimcfc said:
Career

Falcao - 244 appearances - 169 goals - 30 assist for 69.2% Strike rate

Aguero - 353 appearances - 161 goals - 44 assist for 45.6%

Dzeko - 263 appearances - 134 goals - 30 assist for 50.9%

Cavani - 264 appearances - 131 goals - 38 assist for 49.6%

Tevez - 312 appearances - 119 goals - 38 assist for 38.1%

Falcao would be preferred on these figures, but he wouldn't come cheap. But if Tevez and Dzeko are set to leave, then why not Falcao AND Cavani? These two, plus Aguero would give us plenty of attacking options.

Re: Cavani & Falcao

I'm no cynic said:
kabuverdimcfc said:
Career

Falcao - 244 appearances - 169 goals - 30 assist for 69.2% Strike rate

Aguero - 353 appearances - 161 goals - 44 assist for 45.6%

Dzeko - 263 appearances - 134 goals - 30 assist for 50.9%

Cavani - 264 appearances - 131 goals - 38 assist for 49.6%

Tevez - 312 appearances - 119 goals - 38 assist for 38.1%

Falcao would be preferred on these figures, but he wouldn't come cheap. But if Tevez and Dzeko are set to leave, then why not Falcao AND Cavani? These two, plus Aguero would give us plenty of attacking options.

I'd still go for Cavani, slightly younger, more hardworking and nearly as lethal in the last couple of years (the figures are slightly biased by him coming to a tougher league than Falcao two years earlier). Falcao would likely be more of a passenger in our general play.

Re: Cavani & Falcao

bapi said:
Destroyed by Pilsen and more than six hours without Seria A goal now. Yes, this could be our dumbest signing yet.

Prior to that he'd scored 19 goals in 16 games? Hardly useless. Those 4 games without a goal is a very unrepresentative sample to take.

At first I wanted Cavani most, but the more I've thought about it, I'd prefer Luis Suarez and certainly prefer Falcao.

Falcao is (in my opinion) the best striker in the world. His price tag would be around about or probably even less than Cavani's. He's playing in a much better league, and has scored more goals. I also doubt that Cavani will be able to perform in the Premier League because it is a much more difficult league, I also don't think he would perform as well without having a team built around him.

mgreenz97 said:
At first I wanted Cavani most, but the more I've thought about it, I'd prefer Luis Suarez and certainly prefer Falcao.

Falcao is (in my opinion) the best striker in the world. His price tag would be around about or probably even less than Cavani's. He's playing in a much better league, and has scored more goals. I also doubt that Cavani will be able to perform in the Premier League because it is a much more difficult league, I also don't think he would perform as well without having a team built around him.
Liga BBVA is not better than Serie A.

Cavani has proven himself at CL level and domestic for longer than Falcao has as well.

Having the team built around him? All A.Madrid do is pass to Falcao, at Napoli they at least score goals through others like Hamsik, Pandev, Maggio and so on.

Cavani is the better all round striker than Falcao however Falcao is probably the better finisher. Dzeko is a superb finisher though he just doesn't have the rest of the attributes to his game that I think Cavani would bring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.