Cavani & Falcao

Status
Not open for further replies.
NoahCity said:
Jovetic would be pretty good. Not as expensive as all these other guys like Falcao, Cavani and Suarez but has more than goal scoring so he will fit our style. Not really sure I'd want to pay 50 million for any of those 3 though.

If we pay £50 mil for anybody currently available, we are overpaying & setting the level at which people will expect us to pay in the future.

Having said that, if we have income lined up that allows us to pay that kind of money, & shedloads in wages, & it causes the rags etc loads of financial shit because we push transfer prices & wages up to a stupid level, whereas that would have bothered me in the past, now all these wankers have got together & corrupted the rules to protect themselves, I'm all for inflation of transfer fees & wages in the future if it shits on them & stretches their finances.

I despise what those people have done in the name of 'fair play'.

WNRH said:
jayfx said:
Neville Kneville said:
Because top strikers never have a dry spell ?

Been watching football long ?

None of the players we have been seriously linked with are worth £50 mil though & I hope we don't even consider paying it (in fact no players anywhere are worth that kind of money other than Messi & Ronaldo).

Is that stat true? Well I know top players can have dry spells, but wasn't Torres having a bad spell with Liverpool when Chelsea signed him? And 500 minutes without scoring in Serie A, makes you wonder how he will perform in the premiership. I certainly don't think we should be handing over 50+ million for an out of form striker.

Unbelievable.
He's hardly spouted any wrong though. It's just being cautious.

Last thing you want is to be the next club to sign the 2nd-coming of Torres. And besides, Cavani WAS a flop once.

Akira said:
WNRH said:
jayfx said:
Is that stat true? Well I know top players can have dry spells, but wasn't Torres having a bad spell with Liverpool when Chelsea signed him? And 500 minutes without scoring in Serie A, makes you wonder how he will perform in the premiership. I certainly don't think we should be handing over 50+ million for an out of form striker.

Unbelievable.
He's hardly spouted any wrong though. It's just being cautious.

Last thing you want is to be the next club to sign the 2nd-coming of Torres. And besides, Cavani WAS a flop once.

Jesus Christ, that's 5 games, look at Aguero this season. He has scored 13 all season which isn't very good, and he's only scored once in 500 mins in the league, but say if Madrid came in for him with 50 mil, I have no doubt that he would be a sensation. I'm sure that the Napoli fans think the same.

I think with FFP Falcao will be off the radar - you're talking 50-60 million. Cavani at the quoted £50 million should also be off the radar, especially with Higuain going at half the price! If Higuain and Cavani were both going for £25 million it would be a tough call who to take, nevermind one being quoted at twice the price of the other

Choosing one it would be Cavani,from what I've seen I think he would partner a lot better with Aguero. Also Falcao is similar to our current forwards in being too much of a nice guy, Cavani has a nasty streak and doesn't take any crap.

If neither Cavani or Falcao are viable I would love Higuain. Superb striker in my opinion.

Suited to our type of passing game and a superb finisher inside the box. Argentinean as well which is always good!

Especially if we got him for less than say 20m.

The only players I would be happy to spend £50m on would be Falcao, Messi or Ronaldo.
Cavani will simply not give us £50m worth of performances.
Cavani isn't even as good as Aguero, so he certainly isn't worth more than him, and he certainly isn't close to Falcao.
If we can't get Falcao, then we should be going for either Suarez or Higuain, who both be cheaper than Cavani.

mgreenz97 said:
The only players I would be happy to spend £50m on would be Falcao, Messi or Ronaldo.
Cavani will simply not give us £50m worth of performances.
Cavani isn't even as good as Aguero, so he certainly isn't worth more than him, and he certainly isn't close to Falcao.
If we can't get Falcao, then we should be going for either Suarez or Higuain, who both be cheaper than Cavani.

Agreed

The main differences between the two players is that one plays in a league which is hyped up by Sky, and the other one doesn't.

Very similar scoring records, and we'd be a much more potent team with either player.

I was in Malaga over the weekend and went to the game v Atletico. The actual game was a drab no score draw and am struggling to remember a single shot on target.

I know it was only one game, but I was very disappointed with Falcao. A bit of a poor man's Tevez - plenty of running around but no real threat and the ball often bouncing of him due to lack of control. The man has obviously got something, but he didn't show it on Sunday.

I was also looking forward to seeing Isco close up, but he too was woefully off form and was taken off half way through the second half after an ineffectual performance.

I should have stayed at home!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.