Cavani & Falcao

Status
Not open for further replies.
bapi said:
Wow, Cavani is 500 minutes without single goal in all competions! One of the most overrated players in the world!

Because top strikers never have a dry spell ?

Been watching football long ?

None of the players we have been seriously linked with are worth £50 mil though & I hope we don't even consider paying it (in fact no players anywhere are worth that kind of money other than Messi & Ronaldo).

Re: Cavani & Falcao

Neville Kneville said:
bapi said:
Wow, Cavani is 500 minutes without single goal in all competions! One of the most overrated players in the world!

None of the players we have been seriously linked with are worth £50 mil though & I hope we don't even consider paying it (in fact no players anywhere are worth that kind of money other than Messi & Ronaldo).

It depends how much they make back for you in trophies and merchandise, surely?

If we could sell 100m worth of Falcao shirts and he'd earn us 20m in better finishes then he's worth paying 55m for, which is what makes Neymar such an exciting prospect.

Neville Kneville said:
bapi said:

Is that stat true? Well I know top players can have dry spells, but wasn't Torres having a bad spell with Liverpool when Chelsea signed him? And 500 minutes without scoring in Serie A, makes you wonder how he will perform in the premiership. I certainly don't think we should be handing over 50+ million for an out of form striker.

jayfx said:
Neville Kneville said:
bapi said:

Is that stat true? Well I know top players can have dry spells, but wasn't Torres having a bad spell with Liverpool when Chelsea signed him? And 500 minutes without scoring in Serie A, makes you wonder how he will perform in the premiership. I certainly don't think we should be handing over 50+ million for an out of form striker.

Unbelievable.

Van Persie has only scored one goal in nearly 1 1/2 months too, rubbish player!

Makes me laugh that some people think a good striker having a drop in form suddenly makes him sub-par when his normal standard is almost a goal per game.

Aguero went without a goal from November 21st to December 15th then without a goal between Stoke (January 1st) and Liverpool (February 3rd). And Dzeko went nine games without a goal before Norwich away. It happens, only Messi and Ronaldo seem to escape any sort of goal drought.

Cavani is good player, his current lack of goals is something that happens and it gets even worse when team is not playing good.

However, he was never 50-60 millions player and that's my view about him for much longer time than his current goal drought.

It's ridiculous money and he is nowhere near good to pay that amount for him. 30-35 millions, that's kinda OK but 50-60 + hugewages he'd get (he is already on pretty good one at Napoli) is insane amount and I hope City will never pay it for him.

Who is to say we'd pay his full release clause though? I imagine we plan to try and negotiate them down and maybe target alternatives if Napoli won't budge. If anything this goal drought might help our cause. Two possible alternatives: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-city-transfer-news-gonzalo-1740315" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... lo-1740315</a>

Nobody, I just say I hope we don't. That drought might put his price down is something that went through my mind recently :)

Anyway, I'm not his biggest fan and would like to see that money spent on some other player. Wouldn't mind Falcao though.

I was big fan of Higuain until recently but I'm finding myself losing it on him lately. Always used to miss lot of chances but his positioning was so good that he'd score enough anyway. last year or two he doesn't look half player he was 3-4 years ago though.

Definite no on Lewi for me, I don't understand the logic of wanting to sell Dzeko but replacing him with an inferior Dzeko.

Jovetic would be pretty good. Not as expensive as all these other guys like Falcao, Cavani and Suarez but has more than goal scoring so he will fit our style. Not really sure I'd want to pay 50 million for any of those 3 though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.