Cavani Speculation/News (page 151 onwards)

But we can't really go into a new season with only two strikers, three is risky but with plenty of attacking midfielders we should be Ok.

Rammyblues said:
The only thing that will stop us is ADL. Pull this deal off and no player on the planet will be safe from us ever again.

Refuse to pay all the money, he strengthens a rival and our window won't have been more than a 7/10. Fernandinho and Navas are very good but Cavani is completely next level. I'd plough all the Isco money into the deal if I had to. Just get Cavani.

NQCitizen said:
Rammyblues said:
The only thing that will stop us is ADL. Pull this deal off and no player on the planet will be safe from us ever again.

Refuse to pay all the money, he strengthens a rival and our window won't have been more than a 7/10. Fernandinho and Navas are very good but Cavani is completely next level. I'd plough all the Isco money into the deal if I had to. Just get Cavani.
Absolutely. I can't see this being completed any other way. If we don't activate the release clause someone else will. End of story.

Syth said:
NQCitizen said:
Rammyblues said:

Absolutely. I can't see this being completed any other way. If we don't activate the release clause someone else will. End of story.

Even if they don't he could just stay. He seems really laid back about his options and wants the best deal for ADL.

levets said:
lmjones1uk said:
I'm completely not excited about this transfer.

Too much synergy between the hyperbole pre Dzeko and the hyperbole for Cavani.

I can't help but this we are buying a more expensive Dzeko and we'll sell Dzeko who will flourish given the right service - I'm positive with Navas and a run of games Dzeko will be knocking them in. We could save face and 30m - 50m..

This is my biggest fear as well.

I used to assume Dzeko and Cavani were similar players before we bought Dzeko and we were interested in buying one of them but I hadn't seen a great deal of either of them. I now don't think there is much similarity, I just think Cavani is the player we hoped Dzeko would be. I've watched a fair bit of Italian football this season and for me Cavani is strong, no slouch, great touch, good in the air, works incredibly hard and has a good finish. He is also flexible enough to play as an out and out striker, running the channels or as a target man. I honestly think he is a genuinely world class complete forward. Whereas I now know that Dzeko is utterly one dimensional and can barely even control a football. Personally, I don't think there is any risk in signing Cavani, he's exactly what we need, my main worry is that I'm not convinced we'll get him.

Based on what Im hearing day by day, Ive changed my odds as to where he goes

Previous - City 50%, Chelsea 40%, Napoli 10%

Now - City 40%, Chelsea 35%, Napoli 25%

As days pass, it would shock me less and less to see him staying put one more year

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.