Cavani Speculation/News (page 151 onwards)

andrewmswift said:
NQCitizen said:
IanBishopsHaircut said:
You mean the same Hazard Mata Oscar that tore us a new one last season?

Oh wait.....

I think the main difference there is Cavani.

you know we have sergio aguero, right?

Yeah. He didn't tear the league apart last season did he? Don't get me wrong I love Aguero as much as anyone but he's not clinical and he's injury prone.

NQCitizen said:
andrewmswift said:
would much rather get both Isco and Thiago and a lesser striker (if Dzeko and Tevez both go) or another winger than Cavani.

the types of chances our creatives and even deeper lying mids will be offering now, any half decent striker will bag 30. we're going to rip the league apart and make CL semis with or without cavani

Hazard Mata Oscar
Cavani

Is better than anything we could put out. Someone might rip the league apart, I'd be willing to bet it's Chelsea.

If Chelsea did line up like that it would mean Mourinho has significantly changed his preferred tactics for English football, no way would all three have started in his previous time at Chelsea.

Anyway if Cavani's off to the Bridge get a bid in for Lukaku, there's no way that kid should be going out on loan again.

I think Bluemoon might meltdown if Cavani goes to Chelsea. A little preemptive advice - everyone before flapping unnecessarily should wait and see what Txiki does over the rest of the summer.

This is just my opinion but there's a reason we weren't in for Falcao and there's a reason why we're dallying over Cavani, and for my money it's because the technical staff and scouts have got their eye on a player who has maybe a different (lower) profile than the two aforementioned strikers, but who in the long term would be a much smarter acquisition.

There seems to be an acceptance that City have to buy ready made top shelf players. I disagree and I think we'll see in this new era more signings which seem on the face of it to be less glamorous, but which turn out long term to be far more worthwhile.

Bare in mind that 3/4 years ago Cavani, Falcao, and Lewandowski all moved for relative peanuts compared to what they're moving for now. That's when we should've been on these players and I think in future that's what we'll be aiming to do.

NQCitizen said:
andrewmswift said:
NQCitizen said:

Yeah. He didn't tear the league apart last season did he? Don't get me wrong I love Aguero as much as anyone but he's not clinical and he's injury prone.

one season with a couple of niggling injuries doesn't really make one injury prone, does it? for all we know cavani could miss 1/3 season this year and it wouldn't be any bigger surprise than if kun did

NQCitizen said:
andrewmswift said:
NQCitizen said:

I think alot on here is underestimating just how good kun is, there is noway id swap aguero for cavani

NQCitizen said:
andrewmswift said:
NQCitizen said:

None of them are as clinical as Gomez.

The world won't end if we do not get Cavani; although I'll be mightily dischuffed.

Proelia said:
NQCitizen said:
andrewmswift said:

I think alot on here is underestimating just how good kun is, there is noway id swap aguero for cavani

Aguero for my money is the best player at the club but he needs an absolutely world class partner so badly.

I hope we manage Jovetic or Higuain.

BillyShears said:
I think Bluemoon might meltdown if Cavani goes to Chelsea. A little preemptive advice - everyone before flapping unnecessarily should wait and see what Txiki does over the rest of the summer.

This is just my opinion but there's a reason we weren't in for Falcao and there's a reason why we're dallying over Cavani, and for my money it's because the technical staff and scouts have got their eye on a player who has maybe a different (lower) profile than the two aforementioned strikers, but who in the long term would be a much smarter acquisition.

There seems to be an acceptance that City have to buy ready made top shelf players. I disagree and I think we'll see in this new era more signings which seem on the face of it to be less glamorous, but which turn out long term to be far more worthwhile.

Bare in mind that 3/4 years ago Cavani, Falcao, and Lewandowski all moved for relative peanuts compared to what they're moving for now. That's when we should've been on these players and I think in future that's what we'll be aiming to do.

agree. the obsession with cavani is very mancini-like, buying the 50+ million player rather than the ~20-25 million player who in 2-3 years will be worth ~50 million.

it's why we didn't land our targets last year, because we were going after the absolute top line players, and going for all of them at the same time was unrealistic and caused us to miss on all.

if you chase two rabbits, you will lose them both.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.