Cavani Speculation/News (page 151 onwards)

NQCitizen said:
andrewmswift said:
BillyShears said:
I think Bluemoon might meltdown if Cavani goes to Chelsea. A little preemptive advice - everyone before flapping unnecessarily should wait and see what Txiki does over the rest of the summer.

This is just my opinion but there's a reason we weren't in for Falcao and there's a reason why we're dallying over Cavani, and for my money it's because the technical staff and scouts have got their eye on a player who has maybe a different (lower) profile than the two aforementioned strikers, but who in the long term would be a much smarter acquisition.

There seems to be an acceptance that City have to buy ready made top shelf players. I disagree and I think we'll see in this new era more signings which seem on the face of it to be less glamorous, but which turn out long term to be far more worthwhile.

Bare in mind that 3/4 years ago Cavani, Falcao, and Lewandowski all moved for relative peanuts compared to what they're moving for now. That's when we should've been on these players and I think in future that's what we'll be aiming to do.

agree. the obsession with cavani is very mancini-like, buying the 50+ million player rather than the ~20-25 million player who in 2-3 years will be worth ~50 million.

it's why we didn't land our targets last year, because we were going after the absolute top line players, and going for all of them at the same time was unrealistic and caused us to miss on all.

if you chase two rabbits, you will lose them both.

Yeah last year has taught us not to waste money on Hazard and Martinez but to cleverly sign the young up and coming stars like Sinclair and Garcia.

that's a massive strawman, considering no one thought Sinclair and Garcia were "up and coming stars." we had a complete inability to identify talent other than the absolute top line players which anyone who paid scant attention to world football could recognize, so in fact you're actually proving my point.

NQCitizen said:
Ray78 said:
Put it this way Ibrahimovich was thought to be the icing on the cake when he went to Barcelona for 46m euros.

... and realistically he was doing pretty well till Messi got upset and Pep put him in the centre.

The more recent comparison point is RVP.

Still was sold at a loss. Flap away by all means, but Cavani might not be the answer we are looking for and Chelsea will have a bigger problem than we had when trying to offload Adebayor.

Don't get this obsession with Cavani. Would be slightly gutted if he went to a rival. But i trust Txiki and i would actually be interested in what we do if we don't get Cavani. I'm almost 100% sure that whatever happens this window, most of us will see this as an successful transfer window.

Ray78 said:
NQCitizen said:
Ray78 said:
Put it this way Ibrahimovich was thought to be the icing on the cake when he went to Barcelona for 46m euros.

... and realistically he was doing pretty well till Messi got upset and Pep put him in the centre.

Still was sold at a loss.

In fairness that was Barcelona forcing him out to develop Messi. Which paid off alright for everybody.

andrewmswift said:
NQCitizen said:
andrewmswift said:
agree. the obsession with cavani is very mancini-like, buying the 50+ million player rather than the ~20-25 million player who in 2-3 years will be worth ~50 million.

it's why we didn't land our targets last year, because we were going after the absolute top line players, and going for all of them at the same time was unrealistic and caused us to miss on all.

if you chase two rabbits, you will lose them both.

Yeah last year has taught us not to waste money on Hazard and Martinez but to cleverly sign the young up and coming stars like Sinclair and Garcia.

that's a massive strawman, considering no one thought Sinclair and Garcia were "up and coming stars." we had a complete inability to identify talent other than the absolute top line players which anyone who paid scant attention to world football could recognize, so in fact you're actually proving my point.

It would be a strawman argument (haha I wish it was) if it wasn't a reasonable account of your suggestion. If you don't pay big bucks for undeniable quality you risk getting it wrong. But at the same time - Nasty, VK - you can get it right.

I still think that Chelsea want Rooney and he's their first choice.

Would not be surprised to see Cavani stay in Naples.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
A decent take, although I would support it more if that equation also included Thiago.

Thiago has the attacking talents to score 20 plus goals a season.

Him and Isco are the stars of tomorrow and both have major resale value.

£18m for Thiago and even the addition of another £30m striker from elsewhere still leaves a lower spend than Cavani.

Much as I would love Cavani and all three.

I know you can only reveal so much, but are we legitimately interested in Thiago?

Ray78 said:
NQCitizen said:
Ray78 said:

Still was sold at a loss. Flap away by all means, but Cavani might not be the answer we are looking for and Chelsea will have a bigger problem than we had when trying to offload Adebayor.

But if they win the league will they be all that bothered?

Seriously though what is flapping? Is it just anything that isn't blind optimism towards city?

When he was nailed on - flapping if you doubted it.

Now he looks unlikely - flapping if you are concerned.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.