Cavani Speculation/News (page 151 onwards)

Batman said:
Is he any good this el shawareawyayaya
He's definitely a YouTube hero.
Obviously talented, probably should wait to hear the opinion of Mr AC himself. I'm sure he'll be devastated if this comes to pass.

sam-caddick said:
Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri 2m

BOOM! What a news! Manchester City have contacted Milan for El Shaarawy and is ready to bid 40m €m, according to tomorrow Gazzetta edition

Told you 3 pages ago! Thanks for the link. Just a left winger my arse!

Why do i feel now we've bid for el shaarawy, that we will get cavani... hate the transfer window makes nonsense make sense..
ooh i love it really , sometimes its better than the footbal

Smithy34 said:
ballinio said:
FanchesterCity said:
It's fairly obvious:

1) Cavani is going to be wanted by many clubs, but realistically only a few can afford him.

2) City and Chelsea are two clear candidates, but Real Madrid could be interested too... plus, it's not entirely impossible that a couple of other clubs might be lurking in the background.

3) Cavani fancies Spain. He's in no rush to choose now, as he and Napoli hold all the cards (so far).

4) It's now a game of poker... Napoli will want to hold out for the highest offer and hope a bidding war ensues. Their worst case scenario is that one or two of the clubs in the running pull out and buy their 'plan B' striker instead, in which case, Napoli just sell the the remaining bidder still at a very high 55M (give or take). Napoli can't really lose here.

The only safe way for City to handle this (safe in terms of not being hung out to dry) is by offering (say) 60M (or 40M + Dzeko) with a take it or leave it NOW ultimatum. If they don't take it - we move on. Otherwise, we'll be strung out all summer, and could end up not getting him anyway, with no options left (since plan B strikers have gone).

Of course, this means paying a little over the odds, but that then gives Napoli a decision to make... "twist or fold?"... once we pull out, they might not get a 60M offer thereafter, and other clubs will know City are out of the running.

The same goes for the player and his agent. 'Here's the deal, it's exceptional'... take it or leave it. Be honest with him... "it's a superb deal, you have 48 hrs to think about it. If you need more time than that, then you're not the player for us anyway".

He looks a fantastic player. But he's not Ronaldo. He's still a gamble (albeit only a slight one IMO).
I agree , this is the way to go.

I think you will find we have already done that regarding Cavani - Napoli & de laurentis already know what we have offered for the player.

If he wants more which it seems he does, we will not pay it.

Is it not just better to pay sometimes and without doubt instantly make us title favs as appose to letting Mourinho and Chelsea buy him. It might seem clever to those in charge to save a few quid but in 12 months and another 2/3rd placed finish we look like mugs again.

I reckon ADL wants to sell him to Chelsea over us as he's another director that doesn't like the club, I just hope if he does sell him to Chelsea when they come back to us to buy Dzeko with the money, he gets a big fat go fuck yourself from us so they get stuck with there secondary striker choice

I'm sorry if this has already been posted but why are we all flapping about this when we essentially have the same team that won the prem (ok minus balo) plus Fernandinho and Navas. Also we all seem to have forgotten we have Aguero who is one of the worlds best players. Consequently, with the right coach, there is no reason why we can't be successful. There is too much emphasis on demanding we have the worlds best players because we are cash rich. I for one believe we can get the prem back with what we have now but also have complete faith in the guys who are calling the shots at the top.

bodak said:
I'm sorry if this has already been posted but why are we all flapping about this when we essentially have the same team that won the prem (ok minus balo) plus Fernandinho and Navas. Also we all seem to have forgotten we have Aguero who is one of the worlds best players. Consequently, with the right coach, there is no reason why we can't be successful. There is too much emphasis on demanding we have the worlds best players because we are cash rich. I for one believe we can get the prem back with what we have now but also have complete faith in the guys who are calling the shots at the top.
Because we will not win the league with Aguero & Dzeko up front.

Mrmcfc said:
NQCitizen said:
NoahCity said:
hmm, guess you missed the word realistic.

Sarcasm aside, my entire point is about the expectations and devotion to Txiki not being "realistic".
Wtf is your problem?
Looks to me like you're creating an issue for the sake of having an issue.
What exactly is this problem you have with Txiki?

Sorry guys wasn't trying to wum at all. Just remember the blind faith behind "in Txiki we trust", no matter what happens that just gets dropped at the end and its all ignored. Didn't mean to offend anyone or cause an issue.

ballinio said:
bodak said:

Even though we did 2 seasons ago

bodak said:
ballinio said:
bodak said:

Even though we did 2 seasons ago

Yes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.