Cavani Speculation/News (page 151 onwards)

BlueMoonz1977 said:
Listen Cavani is class we all know - but so is Sergio, he did not flourish under Bobby and I reckon with the right signings this summer (which we are achieving) he will knock them in next season

In what way did Sergio not flourish under Bobby?

By my reckoning it's 47 Goals in just over a Season and a half when you take into account his injuries.

Wish I was as good in my job!

ifiwasarichfan said:
BlueMoonz1977 said:
Listen Cavani is class we all know - but so is Sergio, he did not flourish under Bobby and I reckon with the right signings this summer (which we are achieving) he will knock them in next season

By my reckoning it's 47 Goals in just over a Season and a half when you take into account his injuries.

He's frighteningly good, mate. I don't think we've seen the best of him yet.

Proelia said:
Mrmcfc said:
Proelia said:
Calling me a rag for beleiving that one of our own is better ? Yea makes sense you absolute bellend, Do you know that united fans our rags or have you just hopped on the wagon
Rag atm is being used as a term to describe people who are potentially undercover un***d fans attempting to be wums.
To be fair, your post was bad enough to believe you were on the wind up.

Rag is the general term for united fans and if you think Cavani can dribble through a lot of players and score your in for a surprise so there is nothing wrong in what I said
Yeah I'm aware of what rag is generally used for.

You indicated he wasnt capable of moments of magic in your post, which is wrong.
If you solely meant Cavani isnt capable of taking on numerous players and scoring, then you're probably still wrong. I'm sure he's very capable of doing that.

Nobody is saying Sergio isn't a great player, but in terms of being clinical in front of goal, Cavani has him beat hands down,

Joehannes said:
ifiwasarichfan said:
BlueMoonz1977 said:

Sergio has everything necessary to be a Falcao clone. Give him a season without any serious injury disruption and he will be lethal for us.

Nobodys saying Aguero isn't top class but Cavani would give us something different to him - A Dzeko upgrade if you like - A quicker, harder working version of Dzeko!! ... If we can get Cavani then I could see us winning the Premier League and coming very close in the Champions League, he's the last piece in the jigsaw puzzle ... If Chelsea get Cavani along with a few other decent signings which looks likely then they'll be in with a very good shout of the Premier League, as they already have some classy midfield/creative players in Mata, Oscar and Hazard.

It's a double wammy this one guys if we sign him, like the RVP signing last summer:

a) We get one of the best strikers in the world

b) We stop one of our closest rivals getting him and closing the gap on us

Really hope City are pulling out all the stops for this one!!

Cavani is one if the few,strikers in world football that would improve our squad....

Dzeko is,a,whole lvl below him.

If we do.lose out to chelski on this one then we,will have a huge fight to get even otop two nxt season

I also agree with whoever said that isco and navas are decent players bit again a PCI below and a significant risk in whether they adapt to the physicality of the prem...in my opinion this is nor a risk with cavani.....

Aguero is as good as cavani as is tevez.....but if we lose tevez as well then we are suddenly very lacking again in forwards who will take us to where we want to be.

If the club know that they plan to sell tevez, cavani.should have been priority number one before trying signing anyone else...it should have been the sole focus cause as we saw with rvp last year a player like him can make the difference and I fear he will for Chelsea.

I have always thought he would go for Chelsea as they don't seem to mess around on the big transfers....they just offer the money, if its not enough, they increase it.....we try and play waiting games which back fire....plus there is the London and mourihno factors.

simon23 said:
Cavani is one if the few,strikers in world football that would improve our squad....

Dzeko is,a,whole lvl below him.

If we do.lose out to chelski on this one then we,will have a huge fight to get even otop two nxt season

I also agree with whoever said that isco and navas are decent players bit again a PCI below and a significant risk in whether they adapt to the physicality of the prem...in my opinion this is nor a risk with cavani.....

Aguero is as good as cavani as is tevez.....but if we lose tevez as well then we are suddenly very lacking again in forwards who will take us to where we want to be.
Isco and Cavani aint going to happen so who are our 2nd choice options, I'd assume they're being worked on now and will surprise us all!
If the club know that they plan to sell tevez, cavani.should have been priority number one before trying signing anyone else...it should have been the sole focus cause as we saw with rvp last year a player like him can make the difference and I fear he will for Chelsea.

I have always thought he would go for Chelsea as they don't seem to mess around on the big transfers....they just offer the money, if its not enough, they increase it.....we try and play waiting games which back fire....plus there is the London and mourihno factors.

skybluecelt1990 said:
Joehannes said:
ifiwasarichfan said:

Sergio has everything necessary to be a Falcao clone. Give him a season without any serious injury disruption and he will be lethal for us.

He'll never be as good a header of the ball as Falcao, but that's it. He has everything else to be so much more than a Falcao clone. His skill with the ball at his feet can grow to exceptional levels. He could quite feasibly play the Messi role for us, no doubt about it (not as well before you all jump in). We've definitely not seen the best of Sergio. I think because he's already been here two seasons and isn't the shiniest toy on the shelf any more people forget just how bloody good he is!

Is it just a matter of pride not bidding the release clause? What's 10/12 more million to CFC?

Regardless, if they've put 40m down on the table already I would expect them to also match the release clause if we did, so it's still not likely to be simple either way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.