Cavani Speculation/News (page 151 onwards)

tolmie's hairdoo said:
i8rags said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Posters keep assuming it's an easy one to do because Dzeko is part of the equation.

Maybe someone needs to ask Edin what HE wants? We haven't offered Dzeko, it's Napoli who have flagged him up as a makeweight of interest.

Dzeko believes he can get a bigger club than Napoli and still prefers a move back to Germany.

Which is exactly why City have attempted to lower such a huge one-off fee.

If Chelsea offered £40m yesterday, and I would believe Rob Beasley on that one, I would wager it is exactly where our own stated position is in terms of valuation.
What's your gut feeling on this one tolm, mine is simple, I believe Chelsea would prove to be a better attraction and we will again lose out on our top target.

It all becomes irrelevant when the decision finally comes down to a personal one for any player.

We only have to look at Kaka, Sanchez, Hazard.

All the hard yards were done on these too.

I happen to agree that Chelsea are a bigger draw in terms of Mourinho going there, being situated in London, their enhanced reputation across Europe over the last decade.

Equally, he knows he can challenge for top trophies and receives top wages.

However, I do believe Chelsea are low-balling for good reason, they have other irons in the fire and a limited budget to complete them all.

They really do fancy Rooney.

I have faith Begiristain and Soriano would pull the plug if they thought we were wasting our time at this stage.
Have we tabled anything Tolm?

To clarify my earlier post...I have had a text from a lad,not in the know etc etc however I was told he will be signing for us as terms were agreed in Feb however it is the fee/adl issue that is now the only problem.

Still ultra confident he will be coming to Manchester City but if my confidence is unfounded then we move on.

6-1 nip kin hell I may just be on that in a while.

The flappers need to ask themselves one question-How does Cavani fit in at Chelsea with the front line/players they already have? Mata,Lukaku,Oscar,Ba,Torres?
Now correct me if I am wrong but they would need to offload 2 IMO and they would be Torres and Ba (Lukaku is the next Drogba for me).They have also been linked to Rooney,Jovetic,Hulk and our own Edin in the past 5 days.
City on the other hand have a clear space and maybe 2 spaces if Tevez or Dzeko depart. Lets say both of them go,unlikeley but a possibility. We then have Aguero and if he is part of the plans Guidetti. We would have to go out and get 2 similar if not better strikers and those 2 for me would be Cavani and Benteke or Martinez.City have not been linked to any other strikers of note so if I was going to take a punt then that 6-1 looks very very tempting and I think Nip may well be counting his bucks before the players return for pre-season.
It really is a case of Chelsea and Napoli feeding lines to the press. A big game of battleships with certain players moving into position for the kill.

I'm in it for the long haul still me.

Camping-Tent.gif

Since we won the title:

Utd improved with rvp and kawaga....this allowed for a complete change in formation and improved overall play.

Chelsea were nowhere near us when we win the league....last seasons additiods vastly improved them....if they add cavani they will go beyond us.

Utds extra forwards(chicarito and wellbeck) are better options than dzeko and certainly guedetti. As are chelseas options.

There should have been no brinkmanship in doing this deal. We can of afford that with other targets but not cavani. We should pay the buy out clause even if it means not being able to afford one of our other targets....isco, navas are not going to.make up for the shortfall in goals nor are they going to counter act what cavani will add to Chelsea. We created lots of chances last year, but they weren't converted. Factor in to this we could lose tevez and that leaves us with Aguero....forget gudetti he just simply is not at the level we need.

Not getting cavani will be a major fuck up by those in charge

nmc said:
Its good to see our Exec's have more patience than most of us on here. It appears we have a well thought out recruitment strategy this year - totally the opposite of last year (can't believe the comments about it being just like last year - its anything but) - we have done the ground work. If Cavani is our number one target - we will have a strategy in place for most eventualities - we would have known, Chelsea or PSG or RM would have joined the bidding, we knew ADL was going to screw us - so we must have decided whether or not we would trigger the release clause. I have every confidence that we will do the right thing. If we get him great - if we don't then I'm sure we will get someone else just like we did when we lost out on Sanchez. The question for the Board is once you get to the release clause for Cavani you are within touching distance of getting Bale - so maybe our pursuit of Cavani only goes so far. Who knows... but I'm confident there is a plan.

If you find yourself getting wound up by this - just think back to the days when Ben Thatcher was our star summer signing.

All true but when we drop a level we get Maicon and Garcia and in reality that's a waste of money. I think if we paid over the odds on this guy we wouldn't regret it.

-- Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:16 am --

de niro said:
we should just offer the buy out amount in cash, stop fucking about. its shows his club and more importantly the player we mean business.

I was trying to be more diplomatic but in this case.....what you said.

mcfc2607 said:
im not sure why everyone bigs up landon so much. its just like manchester but a hell of a lot dearer and much more tourists. Its a myth.
And not as good and an awful lot more shit holes.

simon23 said:
Since we won the title:

Utd improved with rvp and kawaga....this allowed for a complete change in formation and improved overall play.

Chelsea were nowhere near us when we win the league....last seasons additiods vastly improved them....if they add cavani they will go beyond us.

Utds extra forwards(chicarito and wellbeck) are better options than dzeko and certainly guedetti. As are chelseas options.

There should have been no brinkmanship in doing this deal. We can of afford that with other targets but not cavani. We should pay the buy out clause even if it means not being able to afford one of our other targets....isco, navas are not going to.make up for the shortfall in goals nor are they going to counter act what cavani will add to Chelsea. We created lots of chances last year, but they weren't converted. Factor in to this we could lose tevez and that leaves us with Aguero....forget gudetti he just simply is not at the level we need.

Not getting cavani will be a major fuck up by those in charge

Read the part of your post I have highlighted and tell me you believe it to be true. Two goal Wellbeck is better than Dzeko Good god I despair.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.