Cavani Speculation/News (page 151 onwards)

simon23 said:
Utds extra forwards(chicarito and wellbeck) are better options than dzeko and certainly guedetti. As are chelseas options.

Yeah, Danny the goal machine Welbeck over Edin.....

SheeshKebab said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
i8rags said:
What's your gut feeling on this one tolm, mine is simple, I believe Chelsea would prove to be a better attraction and we will again lose out on our top target.

It all becomes irrelevant when the decision finally comes down to a personal one for any player.

We only have to look at Kaka, Sanchez, Hazard.

All the hard yards were done on these too.

I happen to agree that Chelsea are a bigger draw in terms of Mourinho going there, being situated in London, their enhanced reputation across Europe over the last decade.

Equally, he knows he can challenge for top trophies and receives top wages.

However, I do believe Chelsea are low-balling for good reason, they have other irons in the fire and a limited budget to complete them all.

They really do fancy Rooney.

I have faith Begiristain and Soriano would pull the plug if they thought we were wasting our time at this stage.
Have we tabled anything Tolm?

Napoli would have already ensured the tabling of an 'official' offer was already in the public domain.

It serves their interest to ramp up an auction, which is why Chelsea's supposed figure is now out.

I have been told Napoli are fully aware of our own valuation. It should go without saying, the player knows what personal terms are on offer.

Ask yourselves this. Navas revealed he was talking to us for four months.

Now Navas is an excellent player, but it still took until last week to conclude the transfer bartering with Seville.

What makes anyone think a player of Cavani's stature would be any simpler?

mcfc2607 said:
im not sure why everyone bigs up landon so much. its just like manchester but a hell of a lot dearer and much more tourists. Its a myth.

We know that but people from outside the UK don't.

simon23 said:
Since we won the title:

Utd improved with rvp and kawaga....this allowed for a complete change in formation and improved overall play.

Chelsea were nowhere near us when we win the league....last seasons additiods vastly improved them....if they add cavani they will go beyond us.

Utds extra forwards (chicarito and wellbeck) are better options than dzeko and certainly guedetti. As are chelseas options.

There should have been no brinkmanship in doing this deal. We can of afford that with other targets but not cavani. We should pay the buy out clause even if it means not being able to afford one of our other targets....isco, navas are not going to.make up for the shortfall in goals nor are they going to counter act what cavani will add to Chelsea. We created lots of chances last year, but they weren't converted. Factor in to this we could lose tevez and that leaves us with Aguero....forget gudetti he just simply is not at the level we need.

Not getting cavani will be a major fuck up by those in charge

Come on mate, give your head a wobble. the Dzeko of last season didn't set the world alight but the aforementioned names are not fit to lace his boots.

I haven't got a clue what's going on at City. I'm not an ITK, in fact I'm one of the Don't Want To Knows (until it's done), and so the club's policy of not a word 'till it's done and dusted suits me fine. So, this week, for me, City have signed two exciting players, both of whom should improve the team, I haven't had to agonise over how much we've paid. We're also still after other exciting players - the chairman said players would be brought in during a very important summer - and the CEO says several deals are at an Radvanced stage. And we'll probably have a manager early next week. Not bad by the end of June. I didn't endure a sleepless night because The Lord High Tweeter told us Cavani is off to Chelsea, or Isco to Madrid or Thiago's staying at Barcelona. Txiki seems to know what he's doing, more than I do and more than those on here who fly into a blind panic over an anonymous tweeter whose never bought a player or appointed a manager in his life. I'll leave the running of the club to the Sheikh, Khaled, Ferran and Txiki - they're good at it.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Thenumber1blue said:
mcfc2607 said:
im not sure why everyone bigs up landon so much. its just like manchester but a hell of a lot dearer and much more tourists. Its a myth.
And not as good and an awful lot more shit holes.

London is mega mate.I love the place

You can't beat pubs that sell flat warm beer at Etihad Stadium prices, overcrowded and expensive public transport, Cockneys selling fruit on every street corner and the fact the Queen lives there.

London is mega, unless you were born and bred there. Only inbreds from the provinces think its a great place to live, maybe they have had no real life experiences yet, or they are 16 years old.

nmc said:
simon23 said:
Since we won the title:

Utd improved with rvp and kawaga....this allowed for a complete change in formation and improved overall play.

Chelsea were nowhere near us when we win the league....last seasons additiods vastly improved them....if they add cavani they will go beyond us.

Utds extra forwards(chicarito and wellbeck) are better options than dzeko and certainly guedetti. As are chelseas options.

There should have been no brinkmanship in doing this deal. We can of afford that with other targets but not cavani. We should pay the buy out clause even if it means not being able to afford one of our other targets....isco, navas are not going to.make up for the shortfall in goals nor are they going to counter act what cavani will add to Chelsea. We created lots of chances last year, but they weren't converted. Factor in to this we could lose tevez and that leaves us with Aguero....forget gudetti he just simply is not at the level we need.

Not getting cavani will be a major fuck up by those in charge

Read the part of your post I have highlighted and tell me you believe it to be true. Two goal Wellbeck is better than Dzeko Good god I despair.

Yeah maybe a step to far in terms of goals but I stand by the rest of the points...chucarito is certainly better as are sturridge, ba and lukakau

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Thenumber1blue said:
mcfc2607 said:
And not as good and an awful lot more shit holes.

London is mega mate.I love the place
I hate it,wouldn't swap Manchester for it .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.