Cavani Speculation/News (page 151 onwards)

Cobwebcat said:
Would anyone have been unhappy if we had just paid the buyout clause for this guy two weeks ago and then concentrated on any further additions?

There are about 4 players per window that could significantly improve a team like we already have and are realistically available. One has already gone to bloody Monaco.

Once you go a level down its a gamble. I'm sure Garcia would do fine outside the top 7 teams in the Premiership and perhaps Maicon too but it's a waste of money for us. This guy is a sure thing, if we miss out to Chelsea again it's our own fault. If we get Cavani for significantly less than the buyout then Ill admit I underestimated Cheeky Chops.

This. Cavani is THE essential purchase of the summer for me. Letting Mourinho whisk him away would be a disaster - RVP all over again

I hope we get Cavani, but if Chelsea come in with silly money offers, I really hope we don't get embroiled in a daft bidding war. Di Laurentiis is obviously trying to get as much money as possible for his asset, I just want us to stick to our guns and not have our undercrackers whipped off.

It's all very well and good having a shit load of money, but when we start talking £40, £50, £60 million plus for a footballer, it starts getting pretty obscene. Even when we've payed £30m for a player, you do wonder to yourself. I know it's symptomatic of the money involved in football now but that's how I feel anyway.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Thenumber1blue said:
mcfc2607 said:
im not sure why everyone bigs up landon so much. its just like manchester but a hell of a lot dearer and much more tourists. Its a myth.
And not as good and an awful lot more shit holes.

London is mega mate.I love the place
If you think that, where you live must be a right shithole! London's got it nice bits, but its also got more places that make the 1970's Hulme Crescents look like Monte Carlo....

You need to take your beer goggles off the next time you visit the smoke mate.

Just for the sheer entertainment value of watching every rag in Britain have a mental breakdown, I'd prefer us to sign Rooney than Cavani.

mcfc2607 said:
im not sure why everyone bigs up landon so much. its just like manchester but a hell of a lot dearer and much more tourists. Its a myth.

Seriously?

It's an incredible city. Not New York, but equally as much to do and visit.

Especially so, if as a highly-paid footballer, you can afford to live in west London or Surrey.

Or not have to worry about eating out every night in some of the best restaurants in the world.

simon23 said:
nmc said:
simon23 said:
Since we won the title:

Utd improved with rvp and kawaga....this allowed for a complete change in formation and improved overall play.

Chelsea were nowhere near us when we win the league....last seasons additiods vastly improved them....if they add cavani they will go beyond us.

Utds extra forwards(chicarito and wellbeck) are better options than dzeko and certainly guedetti. As are chelseas options.

There should have been no brinkmanship in doing this deal. We can of afford that with other targets but not cavani. We should pay the buy out clause even if it means not being able to afford one of our other targets....isco, navas are not going to.make up for the shortfall in goals nor are they going to counter act what cavani will add to Chelsea. We created lots of chances last year, but they weren't converted. Factor in to this we could lose tevez and that leaves us with Aguero....forget gudetti he just simply is not at the level we need.

Not getting cavani will be a major fuck up by those in charge

Read the part of your post I have highlighted and tell me you believe it to be true. Two goal Wellbeck is better than Dzeko Good god I despair.

Yeah maybe a step to far in terms of goals but I stand by the rest of the points...chucarito is certainly better as are sturridge, ba and lukakau

Couldn't disagree more.

Wellbeck is utter rubbish if he wasn't wearing a rag shirt he'd be an anonymous 3rd choice for teams like Everton or Norwich.

Dzeko is a class beyond Ba and the little pee. Take a look at his Wolfsburg days, we don't play to his strengths but if we did he's get 25+ league goals a season. Something which is utterly beyond Ba or pee

Chelsea were happy to sell Sturridge to Liverpool even when they had a problem with strikers which says it all in terms of what they thought of him. Liverpool are his level.

It will take Lukaku a good few years to be as good as Dzeko.

BillyShears said:
Just for the sheer entertainment value of watching every rag in Britain have a mental breakdown, I'd prefer us to sign Rooney than Cavani.
Probably the only reason I'd want him here. Mind you, if we signed him you can rest assured that no only would every Rag in the country say he's shite and fat, but every single newspaper would stop calling him 'world class' and he wouldn't be an automatic pick for England.

So Chelsea have hit the De Laurentis problem. Clearly he wants the cash alone - no cast offs. Good though Chelsea's young keeper is.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2337693/Chelsea-make-second-bid-Edinson-Cavani.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... avani.html</a>

I suspect this thread will still be going on transfer deadline day. No one wants to pay the £53m. As such Cavani will be staying at Napoli.

We've blown the same money that would buy Cavani on an ageing Brazilian who has played 8 years in Germany and Spain - oh sorry I stand corrected - The Ukraine - that hot bed of footballing quality, and a one club player from Malaga who'll be no better than Adam Johnson. Unbelievable, we'll finish 4th

Dribble said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Thenumber1blue said:
And not as good and an awful lot more shit holes.

London is mega mate.I love the place
If you think that, where you live must be a right shithole! London's got it nice bits, but its also got more places that make the 1970's Hulme Crescents look like Monte Carlo....

You need to take your beer goggles off the next time you visit the smoke mate.

Not at all mate,but London is an amazing fucking place.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.