Cavani.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The more I think about it, our squad really just need one signing, providing our four regular strikers stay.
That's Martinez.

He'll complete the midfield and make it stronger.
He'll be a fantastic back-up for Joleon or Vinnie if out for some reasons.

He can play in Yaya's position, Barry's, De Jong's, Kompany and Lescott's... and even if required step up the pitch to play as an attacking central midfielder.

He's s costly I gather, and maybe some other team is looking to secure his services, but is this not the kind of player who's simply worth whatever the selling club is asking for? Still very young and will have a fantastic re-sale value in five years time, when he'll maybe want to move back to Spain.

I think he showed in his last Spain game what he's all about: great defending with a fantastic passing range, as well as almost playing as an attacker at one point.

He oozes with class and composure, and we really need to bring him here.

Matt the Giant said:
The more I think about it, our squad really just need one signing, providing our four regular strikers stay.
That's Martinez.

He can play in Yaya's position, Barry's, De Jong's, Kompany and Lescott's... and even if required step up the pitch to play as an attacking central midfielder.

He's s costly I gather, and maybe some other team is looking to secure his services, but is this not the kind of player who's simply worth whatever the selling club is asking for? Still very young and will have a fantastic re-sale value in five years time, when he'll maybe want to move back to Spain.

I think he showed in his last Spain game what he's all about: great defending with a fantastic passing range, as well as almost playing as an attacker at one point.

If everything you say here is true, then I agree. We need another midfielder as dynamic as you say. Whilst Barry and De Jong are brilliant midfielders at what they do, we need a combination of them both in one person!

Also Barry is getting on a bit now, so we can rest him a bit more and keep him fresh for the games we need him.

Goo said:
Matt the Giant said:
That's Martinez.

If everything you say here is true, then I agree. We need another midfielder as dynamic as you say. Whilst Barry and De Jong are brilliant midfielders at what they do, we need a combination of them both in one person!

Also Barry is getting on a bit now, so we can rest him a bit more and keep him fresh for the games we need him.

Martinez is a combination of Yaya and Nigel, with a dash of Kompany thrown into the mix. And though he is not at the same level as Vinnie playing as a CB (but not very far behind) he is classes better than Nigel as a DM and already better than Barry in a B2B position.

Matt the Giant said:
Goo said:
Matt the Giant said:
That's Martinez.

Martinez is a combination of Yaya and Nigel, with a dash of Kompany thrown into the mix. And though he is not at the same level as Vinnie playing as a CB (but not very far behind) he is classes better than Nigel as a DM and already better than Barry in a B2B position.

Sold. Sign him up! haha

Matt the Giant said:
That's Martinez.

I totally agree with your assessment of him as a player. My heart absolutely wants him here, but my head is telling me that he will go to Barca. I base this on the following:

Tolm said a few days ago:

'There is a distinct whiff of Barca in the air, but they can't raise the buy-out cash.

Bilbao are happy to bide their time, whether it's down to Martinez, that would be speculation.

All our eggs are not in the one basket, on any target, it's just the type of players we have identified are problematic for clear reasons'.

Secondly Tito Villanova has stated that Barca needs to shore up their defence. There is no doubt about this. They had a fragile defence all last season. So I think they want BOTH Jordi Alba and Martinez.

Thirdly as Tolm said in another posting Spanish players tend to move within their own league. Also Martinez was interviewed a few days ago and was flattered by the interest from the best team in the world.

I really hope I am wrong about this. He would be a perfect player for us for the reasons you so eloquently expressed.

We shall no doubt find out shortly after the Euros.

KennyG said:
Welcome to Manchester EDINSON :)

From June 14:
"I just think of Napoli. I am not leaving for another club this summer. I will continue here. I have four years left on this contract and I am very confident about my future," Cavani told El Pais.

"Now, I want to rest and then help my team at the Games in London."

Napoli would commit league-suicide if they sold Lavezzi and Cavani.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.