Cavani.

Status
Not open for further replies.
italian paper said he was in a dispute with napoli over playing in the olympics.
would bobby allow it?
maybe it would sweeten the offer as we would have the squad to cope?

I put this over on another thread:

Ive been thinking about Cavani for a couple of days now and outside of a shared joke with Danamy, Ive come to the conclusion that Im not sure on him.

Cavani is an excellent player with two great feet, good speed and immense ability to find space. However, he is a player he seems to operate best when he has a yard of space around him. To compare him to a player that already played in England, then Van Nistelrooy is similar. A pure finisher, a fox in the box, a one chance merchant best played on the break. I bet hes mint on FIFA.

The thing that concerns me is that Cavani at City is the answer to a question nobody has asked. Our greatest problem has been creating chances in very tight spaces, Aguero and Balotelli are both guys who have this ability to finish whilst piggybacking defenders. In Dzeko, we have a guy who can finish when the play is more expansive and hes better in the air than Cavani, especially on a standing jump.

We play possession football against two deep banks of four most of the time, which Cavani isnt used to. Napoli and Palermo both play counter attacking football and with Lavezzi/Hamsik behind him, he has guys who will release the ball early and allow him to use his athleticism and ability to finish.

At City, we counter attack much slower than other teams and prefer to pass the ball short than carry it for ten yards.

Whilst I acknowledge that Cavani is an exceptional talent that I would love to watch week in and out, I dont see him fitting in at City unless we change our style.

We are going to have to advance in our style next season though mate, we changed this season from last and next season I imagine Mancini will be working to adapt his tactics.

If we played exactly like we have this season then we will just be found out, teams will have caught up with how we play.

We don't need to lose Mancinis principle but with additions of width and pace then that should be enought to take us to another level and adapt!!

We have no plan b really apart from putting yaya forward - having some wingers for example would be a great asset!

Look at Barcelona - they are looking for a CF, a plan b for when the struggle to break teams down. Teams are now learning the Barcelona way and finding ways of defeating them.

Damocles said:

Ive been thinking about Cavani for a couple of days now and outside of a shared joke with Danamy, Ive come to the conclusion that Im not sure on him.

Cavani is an excellent player with two great feet, good speed and immense ability to find space. However, he is a player he seems to operate best when he has a yard of space around him. To compare him to a player that already played in England, then Van Nistelrooy is similar. A pure finisher, a fox in the box, a one chance merchant best played on the break. I bet hes mint on FIFA.

The thing that concerns me is that Cavani at City is the answer to a question nobody has asked. Our greatest problem has been creating chances in very tight spaces, Aguero and Balotelli are both guys who have this ability to finish whilst piggybacking defenders. In Dzeko, we have a guy who can finish when the play is more expansive and hes better in the air than Cavani, especially on a standing jump.

We play possession football against two deep banks of four most of the time, which Cavani isnt used to. Napoli and Palermo both play counter attacking football and with Lavezzi/Hamsik behind him, he has guys who will release the ball early and allow him to use his athleticism and ability to finish.

At City, we counter attack much slower than other teams and prefer to pass the ball short than carry it for ten yards.

Whilst I acknowledge that Cavani is an exceptional talent that I would love to watch week in and out, I dont see him fitting in at City unless we change our style.

Good shout and this is why I wanted Hazard.

As far as I'm concerned, Bobby has us playing a brilliant brand of possession football and I don't want to compromise that for a target man/poacher - now matter how exceptional a player he is. If we could get Lavezzi for 5-10m plus Tevez I think this would be a good deal based on their respective ages and wage demands.

nomorethaksintimes said:
Damocles said:

Good shout and this is why I wanted Hazard.

As far as I'm concerned, Bobby has us playing a brilliant brand of possession football and I don't want to compromise that for a target man/poacher - now matter how exceptional a player he is. If we could get Lavezzi for 5-10m plus Tevez I think this would be a good deal based on their respective ages and wage demands.

Agree but Tevez is a none starter with his wage demands. Tevez + cash for Silva at AC is most likely imo. Lavezzi has a buyout for 25mill I think, him, Muniain or Bale and I'm happy.

dzeko is fucking awesome,when the lad gets a run he is a goal machine,i really hope we keep him,because he is different to our other forwards,he gives us a completly different option also he scores with his left,right and head,hes had a few bad games but havent most players.

we need dzeko and would 100% keep him sell tevez and get cavani who tourmented the best defence in english football last season.

still dont forgive tevez for his outrageous attitude last season.

so for me
kun
edin
mario
cavani

am I seriously seeing comparisons to Dzeko? Dzeko can't pass, shoot, no first touch and lets have it right, besides the header against QPR he doesn't use his height advantage either!
Cavani is amazing. Get him.

sir peace frog said:
dzeko is fucking awesome,when the lad gets a run he is a goal machine,i really hope we keep him,because he is different to our other forwards,he gives us a completly different option also he scores with his left,right and head,hes had a few bad games but havent most players.

we need dzeko and would 100% keep him sell tevez and get cavani who tourmented the best defence in english football last season.

still dont forgive tevez for his outrageous attitude last season.

so for me
kun
edin
mario
cavani

dzeko is fucking awesome, - no mate he isn't. He isnt even close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.