Cavani.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like Edin needs service, plus we do play slower as Damocles said couple of pages ago. If we are to lose a striker then maybe but we do need a Winger/pacy Attacking Midfielder for him to work.

From Skysports

Mancini told Tuttosport: "Who would I choose between Van Persie and Cavani? The Dutchman is a champion, while the Uruguayan has everything and I wanted to take him to Inter Milan when he played at Palermo.
"But to take him at the current price is impossible and Van Persie is a different matter altogether."

While Mancini is happy with his striking options, he could be tempted to bring in defensive reinforcements.

Juventus' Giorgio Chiellini and AC Milan's Thiago Silva are reported to be top targets for City, but Mancini claims it would be difficult to bring either to England.

He said: "Chiellini? I thought about him last year, not now. There are many other options.

"Thiago Silva? AC Milan will not sell him."

nomorethaksintimes said:
Damocles said:
I put this over on another thread:

Ive been thinking about Cavani for a couple of days now and outside of a shared joke with Danamy, Ive come to the conclusion that Im not sure on him.

Cavani is an excellent player with two great feet, good speed and immense ability to find space. However, he is a player he seems to operate best when he has a yard of space around him. To compare him to a player that already played in England, then Van Nistelrooy is similar. A pure finisher, a fox in the box, a one chance merchant best played on the break. I bet hes mint on FIFA.

The thing that concerns me is that Cavani at City is the answer to a question nobody has asked. Our greatest problem has been creating chances in very tight spaces, Aguero and Balotelli are both guys who have this ability to finish whilst piggybacking defenders. In Dzeko, we have a guy who can finish when the play is more expansive and hes better in the air than Cavani, especially on a standing jump.

We play possession football against two deep banks of four most of the time, which Cavani isnt used to. Napoli and Palermo both play counter attacking football and with Lavezzi/Hamsik behind him, he has guys who will release the ball early and allow him to use his athleticism and ability to finish.

At City, we counter attack much slower than other teams and prefer to pass the ball short than carry it for ten yards.

Whilst I acknowledge that Cavani is an exceptional talent that I would love to watch week in and out, I dont see him fitting in at City unless we change our style.

Good shout and this is why I wanted Hazard.

As far as I'm concerned, Bobby has us playing a brilliant brand of possession football and I don't want to compromise that for a target man/poacher - now matter how exceptional a player he is. If we could get Lavezzi for 5-10m plus Tevez I think this would be a good deal based on their respective ages and wage demands.

Tevez and 5-10m for Lavezzi surely thats a joke. Tevez is twice the player Lavezzi is and they should be the ones offering us the money and the player for Tevez. It annoys me that clubs seem to think they can get our players for next to nothing but wants us to pay over the odds for their players. I think spurs are the worst example of this, they wanted Adebayor for 10 mil but wouldnt sell Pavluchenko and Defoe for anything less that 12 mil. We need to start getting rid of players for their actual worth. There are rumors that Dzeko might be joining Bayern Munich for 20 mil now if thats true then we should at least be asking for the same amount as we paid for him as he has scored goals in a better standerd of league so I do not see how his value has decreased and if its because of his high wages then its up to the player to take a pay cut for their careers sake rather than the club losing money for a transfer fee.

city91 said:
nomorethaksintimes said:
Damocles said:
I put this over on another thread:

Ive been thinking about Cavani for a couple of days now and outside of a shared joke with Danamy, Ive come to the conclusion that Im not sure on him.

Cavani is an excellent player with two great feet, good speed and immense ability to find space. However, he is a player he seems to operate best when he has a yard of space around him. To compare him to a player that already played in England, then Van Nistelrooy is similar. A pure finisher, a fox in the box, a one chance merchant best played on the break. I bet hes mint on FIFA.

The thing that concerns me is that Cavani at City is the answer to a question nobody has asked. Our greatest problem has been creating chances in very tight spaces, Aguero and Balotelli are both guys who have this ability to finish whilst piggybacking defenders. In Dzeko, we have a guy who can finish when the play is more expansive and hes better in the air than Cavani, especially on a standing jump.

We play possession football against two deep banks of four most of the time, which Cavani isnt used to. Napoli and Palermo both play counter attacking football and with Lavezzi/Hamsik behind him, he has guys who will release the ball early and allow him to use his athleticism and ability to finish.

At City, we counter attack much slower than other teams and prefer to pass the ball short than carry it for ten yards.

Whilst I acknowledge that Cavani is an exceptional talent that I would love to watch week in and out, I dont see him fitting in at City unless we change our style.

Good shout and this is why I wanted Hazard.

As far as I'm concerned, Bobby has us playing a brilliant brand of possession football and I don't want to compromise that for a target man/poacher - now matter how exceptional a player he is. If we could get Lavezzi for 5-10m plus Tevez I think this would be a good deal based on their respective ages and wage demands.

Tevez and 5-10m for Lavezzi surely thats a joke. Tevez is twice the player Lavezzi is and they should be the ones offering us the money and the player for Tevez. It annoys me that clubs seem to think they can get our players for next to nothing but wants us to pay over the odds for their players. I think spurs are the worst example of this, they wanted Adebayor for 10 mil but wouldnt sell Pavluchenko and Defoe for anything less that 12 mil. We need to start getting rid of players for their actual worth. There are rumors that Dzeko might be joining Bayern Munich for 20 mil now if thats true then we should at least be asking for the same amount as we paid for him as he has scored goals in a better standerd of league so I do not see how his value has decreased and if its because of his high wages then its up to the player to take a pay cut for their careers sake rather than the club losing money for a transfer fee.

i agree with you on pretty much everything, except that i would jump at 20 mil for dzeko. i don't think anybody will give us 27 for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.