Cavani.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plain Speaking said:
So 4 top strikers are OK for the rags but too many for us?
Players are happy to wait patiently on the bench for Fergie but not Bobby?

The rags dont have 4 top class strikers though do they, they have 3 one of whom is Kagawa whos equally comfortable in midfield, they dont have an Edin Dzeko as 4th choice, they have 2 young prospects (Welbeck/Hernandez) backing up 2 world class strikers (Van Persie/Rooney), we have 2 top class strikers backing up another 2 top class strikers, its too many.

Aguero
Tevez
Ballotelli
Guidetti

Would more than suffice.

Uno's_My name said:
The rags dont have 4 top class strikers though do they, they have 3 one of whom is Kagawa whos equally comfortable in midfield, they dont have an Edin Dzeko as 4th choice, they have 2 young prospects (Welbeck/Hernandez) backing up 2 world class strikers (Van Persie/Rooney), we have 2 top class strikers backing up another 2 top class strikers, its too many.

Aguero
Tevez
Ballotelli
Guidetti

Would more than suffice.

I agree with this although it's rather dependent on Guidetti's stance, I recall reading he might be willing to accept #4 role probably knowing he'd get the games he really craves. If we sold Dzeko and lined up with those four strikers I don't think we'd be significantly weakened and we could pocket the £20million+ or use it in the big transfer of the summer (DDR) if it happens. As for Cavani/Falcao, this time next year Tevez will only have one year left on his deal so I imagine the search will begin for another high profile striker again.

Rags have almost enough strikers to more than half a team. Wonder how they are going to play them all. Wonder how many games Wellbeck will get. Wonder if the Woy will give have a go at them. Seem to remember press getting all uppity about us paying 18m for NDJ in his final year of his contract yet they pay24m for a 29 year old in final year and nothing is said.

Fatman & Robin
Mushy Pea and Wellbeck
Berbaflop and Macheda.

We played with three stikers for three quaters of last season we will never know whether the forth striker would have avoided the last minute drama or not.

We couldn't persuade Dzeko to leave to get RVP and I am sure the same will be applicable to get Cavani. There will be plenty of game time for both Dzeko and Balotelli throughout the season. As it is there are going to be 6 players sitting in the stands on Sunday and not even making the bench.

graceisblue said:
On twitter a bid has gone in for I know it's twitter but here's hoping

I know I shouldn't bother asking but who has said this on twatter?

Please don't say he's got "agent" or "itk" in his username....

Rammy Blue said:
graceisblue said:
On twitter a bid has gone in for I know it's twitter but here's hoping

I know I shouldn't bother asking but who has said this on twatter?

Please don't say he's got "agent" or "itk" in his username....

You beat me to it !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.