Celtic (A) - Pre-Match Thread....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Things have changed dramatically in the last 34 years IMO. Being in my 20s I will have a completely different outlook on supporting either of the teams in Glasgow than the poster above. I dont think there's much of a religious element to football here anymore, mainly due to the general decline across the board in all faiths up here. Kids growing up now couldnt tell you the first thing about religion. I dont believe either club are 'exclusive' to any particular religion anymore. Yes there are songs and jibes at each other but I dont think there is any genuine religious thought going into whats said (excluding a tiny minority, most of whom will now be found in the pubs due to being priced out of the years). It now just seems a watered down tag for each support. The newspapers and police will paint another picture in order to add some kind of 'edge' to our fixtures, the reality of it is the 2 teams hate each other with a passion, to think there's any real deep meaning to someone calling me a fenian is just plain stupid these days.

The political side of things is still massive however, far out weighing the importance of religion. Times change. Apologies for going off topic :).

About time things changed

WTF has religion or politics got to do with sport

And yes I know we originated from a church

Hopefully a good game which I know will be a tremendous atmosphere and the officials don't fuck it up for either team

For this one I would rest both Aguero, Dungodan and Sterling, and play Nacho, Fernando and Navas / Sane.

With KDB injured we really need Aguero & Sterling firing on all cylinders for Spurs, and I'm not sure Dungodan will be able to play 2 high intensity games in a week yet.
You don't rest your best players for the champions league

If we are winning easily at half time sure bring one off but not before

What do City fans think that their weakest link is in their team...surely every team has a weak point somewhere?

(I'm not Brendan Rodgers posting this)

were you not angry at Rangers smashing up your toilets then?

Nope, why would I be? Stadium was repaired a couple of days after and it came out of Rangers pockets.. no skin off my back.

Also, I dont think young Paddy Roberts will be starting for us. Has been poor this season and since returning from injury has looked off the pace. Forrest in his place has been having his best season in years. Not that either of them will really be able to cause any your defence any trouble.

Who is likely to be replacing KDB?

Nope, why would I be? Stadium was repaired a couple of days after and it came out of Rangers pockets.. no skin off my back.

Also, I dont think young Paddy Roberts will be starting for us. Has been poor this season and since returning from injury has looked off the pace. Forrest in his place has been having his best season in years. Not that either of them will really be able to cause any your defence any trouble.

Who is likely to be replacing KDB?

Nolito can play in this one, so Silva, Fernandinho and Gundogan in midfield, Nolito, Aguero and Sterling up front.

Brendan Rodgers on City: "If we bring our A game and they bring theirs then they will win, but we want to make it as difficult as possible."

Brendan Rodgers on City: "If we bring our A game and they bring theirs then they will win, but we want to make it as difficult as possible."
I wonder if the same would apply if we brought our B+ game but they played their A-? Or we both played our B+ in the first half and they played their A in the second. I wonder if that would tip things in their favour and not just making it as difficult as poss? Complicated stuff is football, glad I can leave it to the likes of Rogers to think it through ;-)

Nolito can play in this one, so Silva, Fernandinho and Gundogan in midfield, Nolito, Aguero and Sterling up front.

Not bad options I suppose.. the question is will that be enough to break down the mighty Scott Brown and Nir Bitton pairing in the middle of the park... ;)

I wonder if the same would apply if we brought our B+ game but they played their A-? Or we both played our B+ in the first half and they played their A in the second. I wonder if that will tip things in their favour. Complicated stuff is football, glad I can leave it to the like of Rogers to think it through ;-)
Haha he like talking nonsense still

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.