Celtic (A) - Pre-Match Thread....

Status
Not open for further replies.
The louden tavern,we wrecked your city lads,so come and spend your cash in our pub.blow torch and brass neck springs to mind

I never realised your support were so attached to plastic chairs.. a little ironic coming from an English team. Anytime your national side play away from the plastic chairs are always the first to get thrown.... haha.

FWIW you do realise any damage done to a home teams stadium is covered by the travelling team..

I reckon I am older than most on this forum having followed the Celtic for 55 years.I was at Lisbon when we won the European cup when it was only Champions of their country who qualified not like now.I was at Seville I watched great players down the years Jinky,Murdoch and the best full back I have ever seen big Tam Gemmel.The good old days now gone because of the money difference.Unlike some Celtic fans comments on the site predicting defeat I will make my way to Celtic Park confident we will win,Celtic Park on European nights are something special and we will be victorious so fellow Celtic fans show confidence we will win.As for the Louden bar wanting to attract Man City fans remember what they did to your City and dont go if you are a certain religion you will not be welcome.Hail Hail

According to their forum we have sent back 500 tickets...... and will have never been to a ground with such an atmosphere...... hmmmmmmmm

Pretty sure i've read the same on here.... is that not the case (re. tickets). As for atmosphere... depends where you've been. It should be right up there with the very best, something I dont think you're exposed to in England very often. Although you have drawn some teams in the CL with really great supports in recent years. For those making the trip up, I hope you enjoy it, assuming you dont score an early goal the atmosphere should be electric.

I reckon I am older than most on this forum having followed the Celtic for 55 years.I was at Lisbon when we won the European cup when it was only Champions of their country who qualified not like now.I was at Seville I watched great players down the years Jinky,Murdoch and the best full back I have ever seen big Tam Gemmel.The good old days now gone because of the money difference.Unlike some Celtic fans comments on the site predicting defeat I will make my way to Celtic Park confident we will win,Celtic Park on European nights are something special and we will be victorious so fellow Celtic fans show confidence we will win.As for the Louden bar wanting to attract Man City fans remember what they did to your City and dont go if you are a certain religion you will not be welcome.Hail Hail

After 55 years you must be sick of the religious shit that goes with supporting either the green and white or blue and white

Went to an Old firm game in 1982 as a 13 year old and couldn't believe the shite then.

After 55 years you must be sick of the religious shit that goes with supporting either the green and white or blue and white

Went to an Old firm game in 1982 as a 13 year old and couldn't believe the shite then.

Things have changed dramatically in the last 34 years IMO. Being in my 20s I will have a completely different outlook on supporting either of the teams in Glasgow than the poster above. I dont think there's much of a religious element to football here anymore, mainly due to the general decline across the board in all faiths up here. Kids growing up now couldnt tell you the first thing about religion. I dont believe either club are 'exclusive' to any particular religion anymore. Yes there are songs and jibes at each other but I dont think there is any genuine religious thought going into whats said (excluding a tiny minority, most of whom will now be found in the pubs due to being priced out of the years). It now just seems a watered down tag for each support. The newspapers and police will paint another picture in order to add some kind of 'edge' to our fixtures, the reality of it is the 2 teams hate each other with a passion, to think there's any real deep meaning to someone calling me a fenian is just plain stupid these days.

The political side of things is still massive however, far out weighing the importance of religion. Times change. Apologies for going off topic :).

Just a quick reminder to visiting fans, this is a City forum and thus views and opinions tend to be viewed from that spectrum, if you insult or use well worn clichés about City your post won't be approved and you will be binned

Also can we keep this thread about matters on the pitch, I and I suspect many of us don't really give a flying FCUK about Celtic and their size and past glories

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.