Celtic Thread 2017/18.

Difficult one. I think the squad they have is ok and potentially would comfortably avoid relegation. Although I think you have to factor in that if you just threw them straight into the prem with the relentless nature of it, where they would suddenly be tested properly week in week out that that in itself could be such a shock to them that anything could happen. I do think they would likely establish themselves as a top half prem club within a few years though.

Well if they had a year of Premier League finances behind them and invested it wisely then they'd do well because Celtic Park would be a fortress. The current squad without any investment would still avoid relegation for the same reason.

Bottom half mediocrity at best unless their board used the Prem TV windfall to significantly strengthen the squad - their keeper and defence are nowhere near good enough as it stands. Tierney is the only quality defender, even the attacks of the current relegation-threatened teams would rip into Celtic's defence.

Celtic can occasionally lift themselves and put up good performances in European games, as they did in the 3-3 draw with us but they couldn't maintain that level for a 38-game season without a significant increase in quality.

They would be relegated without a doubt. Its such a poor standard in scotland and can you imagine griffiths or scott brown over a 38 game season! This is a collection of players not yet good enough and never will be good enough for the premier league. League 1 at best.

Fantastic. Celtic rewarded with fans award. Wonderful support, never a hint of trouble, sectarian singing at a minimum. Attack opposing players very rarely. Only 12 fines for the fans in 6 years.
Well done FIFA

Fantastic. Celtic rewarded with fans award. Wonderful support, never a hint of trouble, sectarian singing at a minimum. Attack opposing players very rarely. Only 12 fines for the fans in 6 years.
Well done FIFA
Just saw this news. You really couldn't make it up. Shameful.

Current team would be lucky to stay up. Look at the Premier leagues bottom club, Palace, better than Celtic? Celtic park would be an advantage but not a big one.

Celtic with all the finances of the Premier League and a rich owner such as ours, Chelsea, then they could probably hope to win it at some point in the not too distant future. No different than Newcastle in that respect, should they be about to have the funds that are rumoured they are likely to win the Premier League and quite possibly the Champions league in the next decade.

Hate to say it....it really is about the money.

They are playing in the equivalent of the third tier of English football. I dare say even the Moston Rag Socks would give them a good game

Are you forgetting you had two goes at beating us and didn't?

I know we are not in a position to challenge in the EPL, but to say we are a third division English side is fucking ludicrous and a pile of shite.

Because you have a new arse don't forget your old one.

Would you be where you are today m without access to funds? Would you fuck.

With access to EPL money we would be up there too.

Cheksea were always a run of the mill club. Money made them. It could do the same for us.

It will never happen though. Not a chance will Celtic or Rangers play in the EPL.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.