Celtic thread 2020/21

Being a Melbourne lad he is bound to do well (Lol)

Seriously it will be interesting to see how he goes. From his early days in the old NSL he has shown he can get results and play attacking football, his problem will be he tends to clean out squads and can upset some.

If he survives first 5 or 6 games he should prove to everyone he is a quality tactician and decent man manager.
Our squad is getting gutted anyway. We need 14 players. The problem I have is he won't have any knowledge of the types of players we can afford. No harm to the guy, but it's just another example of us going cheap and hoping a guy who has no knowledge of our game and I am now resigned to the fact we are entering an extended period of being second best. He needs to quarantine for ten days when he eventually gets his arse on a plane and it's just over two weeks until the players return. I also fear players who weren't thinking of moving will now ask away, as they too will fear the cliff edge beckons. Its a shit show for us and an open goal for Rangers. Everybody knows that. And if they don't, they haven't a fucking clue. This has been by far the worst self inflicted disaster of a season in my life and go8ng for Ange shows me they have learned fuck all. What players is he going to attract because people want to play for him? None. He might bring in a couple of Japanese players which I would welcome, but Aussie players? If my life depended on it, I couldn't name a current one who is any good. It's a shambles. We had 53,000 season ticket holders. If Howe had been appointed they woukd all have renewed but now it will be at least 20,000 less than that, as fans will rightly say, if Celtic aren't going to invest in trying to return us to the top, why should they? It would have been a big ask for Howe to guide us through a hellish CL qualifying route. For a guy with no knowledge of players, we have to rely on recruitment by the pricks who have bought so many duds means it's even tougher. He misses out on that and he's fucked, he starts the season badly and he's out before Christmas. I hope he proves me wrong, but, I can't see him being remotely good enough for the massive task we face, as it will be monumental for a top manager, never mind a European rookie. Rangers have been given a free run. Everybody knows this.

I hear your skepticism and I'm not going to pretend i know anything about your list or whats available for whatever budget.

What I do know is that this bloke knows the game. He knows what he wants and can turn a bunch of average players into a decent team.

Absolutely he won't bring in any Australians we are probably at our weakest level in decades, and I'd be very surprised if he brought in any Japanese either.

If he does get the gig I think he surprise many, but I do agree time will be his enemy and he won't get any second chances, and CL is probably gone.

I hear your skepticism and I'm not going to pretend i know anything about your list or whats available for whatever budget.

What I do know is that this bloke knows the game. He knows what he wants and can turn a bunch of average players into a decent team.

Absolutely he won't bring in any Australians we are probably at our weakest level in decades, and I'd be very surprised if he brought in any Japanese either.

If he does get the gig I think he surprise many, but I do agree time will be his enemy and he won't get any second chances, and CL is probably gone.
To be fair the CL was gone anyway. We have a team to buy and even if Pep took over he couldn't manage that. We are at risk of not even qualifying for the Europa the situation is that bad. Also, being able to do well in Australia isn't the same. I am gutted about Howe, but not in the least surprised. In the back of all our minds was the fear the board woukd fuck it up. Taking three months to find out of his backroom staff woukd come is beyond farcical.

This is the way the negotiations should have gone.

Celtic. Do you want to be our manager?

Howe: I need my backroom staff.

Celtic: ask them and get back to us in a few days

Howe. They don't want to.

Celtic: no worries, catch ye.

Now we have waited three months and go for a guy nobody this hemisphere has ever heard of and hoping because he had a bit of success there, he will be able to overcome the mountain in front of us. That's utter negligence. He will be in the door about two days before the team return. If that. Shambles doesn't even get near to describe our situation.

Mooy? And presumably it’ll be the DoF who identifies targets, no?
Yes, if we ever get one. And then, is he any good? Then, will we pay the going rate? Then, even if all that happens, will they come to work for a guy who is untested in Europe? If you are a player, you should know we have no fucking chance to qualify for the CL. Because we do. Even the Europa is not a cert with us being in against clubs who have a team. I've already written off next season. If our owner, Dermot Desmond doesn't put in real money, we are in for a fans revolt and years as also rans. All self inflicted by useless bastards running our club off a cliff.

Yes, if we ever get one. And then, is he any good? Then, will we pay the going rate? Then, even if all that happens, will they come to work for a guy who is untested in Europe? If you are a player, you should know we have no fucking chance to qualify for the CL. Because we do. Even the Europa is not a cert with us being in against clubs who have a team. I've already written off next season. If our owner, Dermot Desmond doesn't put in real money, we are in for a fans revolt and years as also rans. All self inflicted by useless bastards running our club off a cliff.
Not entirely sure why one trophyless season generates such hysteria. Celtic became obsessed with a short-term ambition, which in the cold light of day was meaningless when they should have been planning for the next five years. At the same time, Rangers' current success is likely to be ephemeral and largely dependent on when Gerard departs.

I would imagine you're going to have to share titles over the coming seasons, but then competition is healthier.

Not entirely sure why one trophyless season generates such hysteria. Celtic became obsessed with a short-term ambition, which in the cold light of day was meaningless when they should have been planning for the next five years. At the same time, Rangers' current success is likely to be ephemeral and largely dependent on when Gerard departs.

I would imagine you're going to have to share titles over the coming seasons, but then competition is healthier.
I've been saying this for ten years. It's not a knee-jerk reaction to last year, it's knowing last year was coming and our board did their best to hasten it. 9 out of the last 12 CL we have missed by never being prepared and going cheap on useless bastards.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.