Celtic Thread - 2021/22

Who's fault today mate, the media, the referee, must be someone's fault?
It's all ours. Poor performance. But much better than last season and its just 6 weeks in under Ange. I wouldnt get the 2IAR UJ bunting out just yet. Although it may be too late for that.

Don't worry, certainly not getting ahead of myself. Thought you were the better team first half, we couldn't get our press right, we were a bit sloppy on the ball. 2nd half we looked a bit more like the team from last season.

Think you guys have a team of good footballers now, you'll likely continue to blow teams away with the big wide spaces at Parkhead. Where I see you suffering a bit is with physicality, you've went from the likes of Edouard, Brown & Ajer to the ghost of Edouard, Mcgregor & Starfelt. Can see sides trying to target that especially at home.

Don't worry, certainly not getting ahead of myself. Thought you were the better team first half, we couldn't get our press right, we were a bit sloppy on the ball. 2nd half we looked a bit more like the team from last season.

Think you guys have a team of good footballers now, you'll likely continue to blow teams away with the big wide spaces at Parkhead. Where I see you suffering a bit is with physicality, you've went from the likes of Edouard, Brown & Ajer to the ghost of Edouard, Mcgregor & Starfelt. Can see sides trying to target that especially at home.
Good points. My own view is we need at least one CB who is great at challenging in the air each box. A LB, a Striker who is also good in the air. McCarthy will br8ng a bit of steel to the midfield and we then play a system.best suited to who we play. Neither of us created fuck all. You took one chance thanks to us having a CB who is pish, and Eddy missing a sitter and Kyogo. Im hearing we are bringing in another 4 players before tomorrow night.

Good points. My own view is we need at least one CB who is great at challenging in the air each box. A LB, a Striker who is also good in the air. McCarthy will br8ng a bit of steel to the midfield and we then play a system.best suited to who we play. Neither of us created fuck all. You took one chance thanks to us having a CB who is pish, and Eddy missing a sitter and Kyogo. Im hearing we are bringing in another 4 players before tomorrow night.

The lad from Shamrock looks quite tall, think he'll make the step up? Greek Striker might be able to handle himself as well, in saying that, I think you look more dangerous when Kyogo plays through the middle.

Yes, the noise was incredible, the best atmosphere I've ever played in, and I've played at Anfield, The San Siro and Moss Rose.
N0816411307020890300A.jpg

The lad from Shamrock looks quite tall, think he'll make the step up? Greek Striker might be able to handle himself as well, in saying that, I think you look more dangerous when Kyogo plays through the middle.
I'm hoping we go with two up front. Scales looks good, really good, but time will tell..

A good window for us, especially getting in CCV at Centre Back. Jota has anazing talent but he may turn out to be another lightweight sand dancer like mikey Johnstone, who gets a horrendous injury every 4minutes 33 seconds, or earlier, if someone tackles him instantly. The Greek lad looks realky good and I'm.happy that Scales will.be a step up on Taylor and Sterfelt if need be. Now tjey just need to step up and show they have the bottle as well as the ability, one without the other and its an uphill ultimately losing hand. Time will tell.

Celtic's pitch is105x68 yards, the smallest playing area in the SPL. At 105 yards from post to post, only Ross County is shorter, at 100 yards. At 68 yards, it is the narrowest!

Source: footballgroundguide.com/leagues/scottish-spl

So much for that theory!
;-)

Celtic's pitch is105x68 yards, the smallest playing area in the SPL. At 105 yards from post to post, only Ross County is shorter, at 100 yards. At 68 yards, it is the narrowest!

Source: footballgroundguide.com/leagues/scottish-spl

So much for that theory!
;-)

According to this site, its among the x4 biggest which are 105x68, along with Ibrox, Easter Road & McDiarmid Park.

The rest are all either shorter, narrower or both.

Camera angles also give an illusion of space of course, and also how close the stands / supporters are to the pitch. Tynecastle is a small pitch, but I believe the stands are also 1 of the closest to pitch side, which helps create a great atmosphere in the big games.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.