Celtic Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
The officials are going to need an abacus to count the goals for the Spanish tonight :)

I am in a funny mood. Normally with a CL game I am a bag of jangling, furious nerves. It’s been five years, but I still remember. This time I’m not. I will be when we play Leipzig and Donesk as those are the games that will determine if we get third, or even second place.

Tonight and the return, I see as a bonus that we can hopefully enjoy putting up a fight with some good football. Probably scoring,as I think we could score against anyone. But realistically, to think we have progressed so far so soon to take their ass, could be dangerous.

But, living dangerously can be fun.

So, I will say I am 80% sure we can do something although 60% of that is insanity, with another 25% wild optimism, and the remaining 53% utter folly

So 2.0 to us.

If we get taken to the cleaners, remember I did mention insanity.
I said to my brother yesterday 0.0 half time and the hoops nick it 10 mins from time...fingers crossed

Celtic still level, and nearly at HT. They've done better than I thought they would.

They'll still lose, though.
Pal Ange Postecoglou is one very very good manager. He sees patterns of play really well.. he wont let his team get rolled.....famous last words...but he genuinely is very astute

Not sure how relevant being 10 years ago now but Anges second championship year for Brisbane going back to back was probably the highest level the game has been played in this country. The team went undefeated for a record amount over 30 games from memory, but the actual style was unbelievable. No other team came close to them. Some games was like watching a different sport.

If he is given the resources with a full off season I wouldn't be surprised if he turned many heads in CL and reackon it wouldn't be crazy to get into the knock-out stages.
Seen a bit of his team when he was at Brisbane - agreed he is genuinely a class manager

In Europe ? Not very I’m afraid.
really? Celtic seem to do well against us...can't believe how more people don't rate Celtic, its hard to keep at it when only one team in a decade has challenged them.... concentration, desire and effort...and they do well in Europe for a team from a very small country ...that makes a huge difference - media money, pull for global players etc. All these on here slating Celtic, just a bit odd not recgnising how challenging is it in Europe for the Old Firm or another Scottish team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.