Celtic Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
No it wouldn’t. Well, I would say that. But it’s true. Brighton? Do me a fucking favour.
Look at Potter, he’s got the Chelsea job off the back of his work at Brighton. Had he been at Celtic and doing a good job, Chelsea wouldn’t have considered him, like Chelsea didn’t consider Postecoglou.

I think it’s come too early though, he’d probably need to at least finish the group stage of the CL with Celtic and see how he got on or finish the entire season in Scotland.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can talk about speed and technical ability all day. Tonight was about not even trying though. I think he's done already now.
If i was a Rangers fan or Liveroool thats what would upset me most....lack of effort

If i was a Rangers fan or Liveroool thats what would upset me most....lack of effort
Lack of technical ability can be mistaken for lack of effort, if you have convinced yourself they have technical ability. Not being able to keep the ball or do anything with it when a team press you can seem like you aren’t trying,

Sometimes you just have to accept you ain’t as good as you thought and the opposition are better and make you look shit.

I’m an atheist so that suits me. It’s when certain parties try to castigate a whole people because they are bigoted bastards that I react. I shouldn’t, but I do and always will. You will never see me starting

Lack of technical ability can be mistaken for lack of effort, if you have convinced yourself they have technical ability. Not being able to keep the ball or do anything with it when a team press you can seem like you aren’t trying,

Sometimes you just have to accept you ain’t as good as you thought and the opposition are better and make you look shit.
True but not tracking back. Not trying to close down the ball...lazy...liverpool and rangers guilty

True but not tracking back. Not trying to close down the ball...lazy...liverpool and rangers guilty
Fair enough. We see it differently. I’m not saying players don’t sometimes chuck it, but it isn’t always a physical thing, spirit can be broken and that can drain you.

Fair enough. We see it differently. I’m not saying players don’t sometimes chuck it, but it isn’t always a physical thing, spirit can be broken and that can drain you.

Shouldn't happen in the first 20mins though MP. I've seen us beat lots of times, 2 heavy defeats at Celtic Park, Union, Leipzig, Braga, Steuea all in this calander year, and not even in the heavy defeats to Celtic did I see a lack of effort. Lack of skill, lack of quality, opponent being much better, yeah, but the other night was the first I'd seen a real lack of effort off the ball, and I did not like it 1 bit.

Shouldn't happen in the first 20mins though MP. I've seen us beat lots of times, 2 heavy defeats at Celtic Park, Union, Leipzig, Braga, Steuea all in this calander year, and not even in the heavy defeats to Celtic did I see a lack of effort. Lack of skill, lack of quality, opponent being much better, yeah, but the other night was the first I'd seen a real lack of effort off the ball, and I did not like it 1 bit.
I hear you Gunner. I saw the stats for both our games. We ran the most with Ajax just behind and Real nearly at the same level. My point is I just don’t think you have the players to actually do much even if you ran your arses off.

It always looks to me watching you, the side to side, then backward movement encapsulates a team who don’t have that pass forward in them. The movement of a mid to front who know if they make a run the ball has a good chance of being there you don’t have. They seem to be saying, well I can’t make that pass, you have a go, no you, no you, ok give to him, and so on. It’s fucking turgid to watch and I would be in a straight jaikit and face mask if it were us.

I also think your recruitment failed to address this lack of technical ability to do something with the ball, apart from driving you lot nuts with the lack of a cutting edge.

I saw this from the start, as you did too if your honest and is why I predicted Gio away by October. Even a change of tactics and effort cannot paper over a true lack of ability to do stuff with the ball. Kent to me is a fucking imposter and someone if I were a bluenose would drive me to crystal meth. No doubting he has ability, but ffs he never turns up.

If Gio goes and I think he will, the new guy will only be able to work with what us there. Will you have money to spend in January? If so, why the fuck wasn’t it invested now to give you a fighting chance?

Running and effort should be a given, having the ability to create, get you off your seats and put teams under constant pressure isn’t.

It looks like we will all get a break from fitba since Liz passed away and this could help you, because by fuck you need a break to try and get things sorted. I actually thought you would beat Aberdeen, but it was a hard one so soon after two scuddings and confidence low.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.